uniqs
biochemistry
Premium Member
join:2003-05-09

2 recommendations

biochemistry

Premium Member

Airfare

If the government can force airlines to advertise the actual ticket price (including all taxes and fees), then why can't they force the internet providers?

JimThePCGuy
Formerly known as schja01.
MVM
join:2000-04-27
Morton Grove, IL

JimThePCGuy

MVM

I'd be happy if gasoline service stations had to display the actual cost of gas and not the cost only if you purchase a car wash.

battleop
join:2005-09-28

battleop to biochemistry

to biochemistry
Because in my county alone there would be at least a dozen different prices to advertise.
battleop

2 recommendations

battleop to JimThePCGuy

to JimThePCGuy
Huh? I've never seen a gas station that didn't advertise the per gallon price.
clone (banned)
join:2000-12-11
Portage, IN

clone (banned)

Lots of places around here do this. In great big numbers on the sign is how much the gas costs per gallon* when you buy a car wash. In smaller numbers down below somewhere is the real price, usually 20-30 cents higher because the car wash costs $10.
clone

clone (banned) to battleop

to battleop
So? The telcos make you enter your whole damned street address just to check services on a website anyway (so they can gouge you based on how much competition serves your particular block of town), it wouldn't be hard to at least make them show the real prices online.

Red Hazard
Premium Member
join:2012-07-21
O Fallon, IL

Red Hazard to clone

Premium Member

to clone
said by clone:

Lots of places around here do this. In great big numbers on the sign is how much the gas costs per gallon* when you buy a car wash. In smaller numbers down below somewhere is the real price, usually 20-30 cents higher because the car wash costs $10.

If you had a large motorhome, you could get the car wash, not really use it, and save a lot of money buying a couple hundred gallons at those prices.
clone (banned)
join:2000-12-11
Portage, IN

clone (banned)

They limit the discount to the 1st 30 gallons or some such crap.
jjeffeory
jjeffeory
join:2002-12-04
Bloomington, IN

jjeffeory to biochemistry

to biochemistry
Lack of desire.
jjeffeory

jjeffeory to battleop

to battleop
In California they have the cash price that is often .10 per gallon lower than the credit price that most people pay with these days. Other stations make you go to an ATM like device to use a debit card. It's crazy here. Some stations have one price regardless of payment type. Other stations list cash price and credit price that are different. Depends on the particular station.

battleop

battleop

The separate cash and credit price for gas here isn't as common as it once was.
jjeffeory
jjeffeory
join:2002-12-04
Bloomington, IN

jjeffeory

I've lived all over the country and each region has slightly different practices.

battleop

battleop

The practice seems to died with the independent stations here.

SimbaSeven
I Void Warranties
join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT

SimbaSeven to JimThePCGuy

to JimThePCGuy
Never seen that happen here.