wxmanmichael
Premium Member
join:2014-05-15
Minneapolis, MN

wxmanmichael to Napsterbater

Premium Member

to Napsterbater

Re: [Config] Hmmm. interface ATM0 remains down, line protocol remains down

No. That's another long story but I'll make it short.

I bought it through Newegg: never again. Had the first one one day, tried the GUI to configure it, plugged in the COMM line (the blue one), turned around then smelled burning. Turned around again and saw white smoke.

Called Cisco on Monday AM, they had DHL pick it up (it went from here to Cleveland then to Hong Kong!!). Very nice people at Cisco. Within 2 weeks I got this one back without information of any kind and a different serial number.

Now I suspect this one is also crashed or malfunctioning. Tomorrow I'll go to CDW, since there's an office close and talk to them about smartnet.

BTW, after the initial trouble, I never got ANY response from Newegg although I followed their procedures and even called their Cisco supplier: something called Atlanta ?? (although I have the paperwork). No one from Newegg responded.

I now fear I'm stuck with a device that isn't working and never will work. I also feel like the victim of very bad customer service as well as a failure to communicate with a customer. This is hopelessly frustrating, although all I can do is take the numbers to CDW to see where to go from here.

I feel as if I've been screwed. And if I had known about smartnet when I ordered it, first I would never have bought it from Newegg (didn't know about their secondary supplier) and I would have ordered smartnet.

Finally, before buying a new router I searched out a supplier who resells refurbished equipment. Again, I talked with a nice guy who promised to call on Monday after our conversation. They install systems. I found out on that Monday he went on vacation.

Unfortunately, then I ordered the first (white smoke) router from Newegg. Then I got this one back from Hong Kong (evidently they do their RMA operations from there.)

So, this has been a long experience of lies and double talk with plenty of theives in the mix.
NE_Support
join:2009-10-27
Whittier, CA

NE_Support

Hi wxmanmichael,

We are very sorry for your experience with this purchase. We'd like to review this situation and the options to have it resolved. We would also like to research what happened when you tried to contact us and make sure it does not happen again.

Would you please email us your account details to wecare@newegg.com and reference this thread? We will be happy to assist you.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you,
Newegg Support

wxmanmichael
Premium Member
join:2014-05-15
Minneapolis, MN

wxmanmichael

Premium Member

Wrote a follow-up email, as requested, with brief descriptive detail and account details. If Newegg were as able to respond with the efficiency and promptness of Cisco, I would be more charitable toward Newegg.