spc
Search similar:

uniqs

FaxCap
join:2002-05-25
Surrey, BC

FaxCap

[Hockey] Jim Hughson to be Rogers main play by play voice

I'm happy to hear this as I think Hughson is the best play by play man working today.

»sports.nationalpost.com/ ··· -season/

FaxCap

Styvas
Who are we? Forge FC!
Premium Member
join:2004-09-15
Hamilton, ON

Styvas

Premium Member

Nice!

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to FaxCap

Premium Member

to FaxCap
Jim Hughson is good, but at times he sounds robotic... Bob Cole, while he screws up here and there, shows more passion IMO...

FaxCap
Surrey, BC

FaxCap

said by HiVolt:

Jim Hughson is good, but at times he sounds robotic... Bob Cole, while he screws up here and there, shows more passion IMO...

I hear what you're saying but passion or not Cole just makes WAY too many mistakes.

FaxCap

nitzguy
Premium Member
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON

nitzguy to FaxCap

Premium Member

to FaxCap
Paul Romanuk is coming back from being overseas?

BRILLIANT!...I think this is the sleeper move of the entire changeover....

He was a class act before with TSN, and I've heard him infrequently doing the World Championships when they are overseas on TSN/Sportsnet/whoever has the rights this year....and I like how he calls the game.

He's definitely not a homer, and is straight down the middle.

I might actually be excited....I'd be more excited if Hughson went back to calling Jays games...but I guess that's never happening now. Stupid Buck Martinez....

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by nitzguy:

I might actually be excited....I'd be more excited if Hughson went back to calling Jays games...but I guess that's never happening now. Stupid Buck Martinez....

You guys think Bob Cole is bad at screwing things up... I dug up this gem last year...

»www.buckblunders.com/

I catch a lot of what he says during the games, and a lot of it ends up on this site lol...

nitzguy
Premium Member
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON

nitzguy

Premium Member

said by HiVolt:

said by nitzguy:

You guys think Bob Cole is bad at screwing things up... I dug up this gem last year...

»www.buckblunders.com/

I catch a lot of what he says during the games, and a lot of it ends up on this site lol...

Yes, once he was talking about Terry Francona and then mentioned "The Red Sox go down in order in" whatever inning it was....wait a minute, isn't Francona manager of the Indians??....

I catch a lot of them now...its starting to irritate me, but thanks for the site HiVolt! I didn't realize someone took the time to put all of the stupidness together.

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

Yes, once he was talking about Terry Francona and then mentioned "The Red Sox go down in order in" whatever inning it was....wait a minute, isn't Francona manager of the Indians??....

I catch a lot of them now...its starting to irritate me, but thanks for the site HiVolt! I didn't realize someone took the time to put all of the stupidness together.

Yeah he's pretty brutal. And it's not like hockey where you can make mistakes because the play is so fast, posession can change many times within a span of a few seconds, etc, etc...

Buck just blunders so much info & names in between batters, and during general banter that it's quite amazing. I was joking with someone about this saying we should send this link to whoever at Rogers that takes care of the Jays broadcasting. LOL...

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium Member
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON

dillyhammer to FaxCap

Premium Member

to FaxCap
They're dismantling an institution. It's laughable.

It all just made it so much easier to cut the cord. At this point, I couldn't care less who calls the play or who hosts the broadcasts. I don't like Hughson, and I think Strombo is a tool. As long as the games are OTA on CBC I'll watch.

But not one red cent from me. Ever.

Mike

dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

said by dillyhammer:

But not one red cent from me. Ever.

Mike

aside from the $1 Billion+ they get in corporate welfare, of course?

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ to FaxCap

Premium Member

to FaxCap
Hughson and the Simpson combo are great.........both know the game well.

Time to retire/fire Grapes and his kissass partner.........can't stand even listening to that anal little fuck.

I'll bet even his wife is tired of his stupid sayings.
NefCanuck
join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON

NefCanuck

said by ZZZZZZZ:

Hughson and the Simpson combo are great.........both know the game well.

Time to retire/fire Grapes and his kissass partner.........can't stand even listening to that anal little fuck.

I'll bet even his wife is tired of his stupid sayings.

Meh, fire P.J. Stock first (with a cannon would be my preference )

NefCanuck

g121
play lordsgame com | Phone Cops are real
join:2004-05-28
Toronto
Hitron CODA-4680
Asus RT-AC86
Grandstream HT812

g121

said by NefCanuck:

Meh, fire P.J. Stock first (with a cannon would be my preference )

NefCanuck

nah .. nick kypreos is the one i can't stand .. kypreos is somewhat like mike milbury in the bombastic buffoonery department .. *chuckles* to be fair, at least kypreos never punctuated his point with a shoe : )) ..

cheers from Toronto .

dirtyjeffer0
Premium Member
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0 to NefCanuck

Premium Member

to NefCanuck

i like PJ Stock.
dirtyjeffer0

dirtyjeffer0 to g121

Premium Member

to g121
said by g121:

nah .. nick kypreos is the one i can't stand .. kypreos is somewhat like mike milbury in the bombastic buffoonery department .. *chuckles* to be fair, at least kypreos never punctuated his point with a shoe : )) ..

cheers from Toronto .

hey, i like Kipper too.

g121
play lordsgame com | Phone Cops are real
join:2004-05-28
Toronto
Hitron CODA-4680
Asus RT-AC86
Grandstream HT812

g121

said by dirtyjeffer0:

hey, i like Kipper too.

*chuckles* you must like everyone DJ : )) .. my kid really likes Ray Ferraro; can't say i disagree ..

cheers from Toronto ..
NefCanuck
join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON

NefCanuck to dirtyjeffer0

to dirtyjeffer0
said by dirtyjeffer0:

:(

i like PJ Stock.

If he would stop trying to be "Don Cherry 2.0" he might be salvageable. As it is, his buffoonery makes me want to give him even more cranial trauma, watching him trying to match wits with Elliott Friedman is so laughable that its pathetic :P

NefCanuck

Styvas
Who are we? Forge FC!
Premium Member
join:2004-09-15
Hamilton, ON

Styvas

Premium Member

I like him too. He's loveable.
Expand your moderator at work
markf
join:2008-01-24
Scarborough, ON

markf to HiVolt

to HiVolt

Re: [Hockey] Jim Hughson to be Rogers main play by play voice

said by HiVolt:

»www.buckblunders.com/

I like Bob Cole. He's a classic! Probably just memories from the 93 run, but I enjoy when he calls games.

As for Buck, I have a friend who pays for MLB.tv and unblock-us (on top of the deluxe cable sports package) just to avoid him.

I don't watch enough baseball to have an opinion though.

capdjq
Be Kind, Be Calm & Be Safe
Premium Member
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver

capdjq to g121

Premium Member

to g121
I like Ray Ferraro. Good ole BC boy.

FaxCap
Surrey, BC

FaxCap to g121

to g121
said by g121:

nah .. nick kypreos is the one i can't stand .. kypreos is somewhat like mike milbury in the bombastic buffoonery department

According to Kypreos he was the toughest guy to ever lace up skates.
At least he was a fairly tough guy....Milbury actually has to live down that fight video
where he ran away from that guy....trailing shit!

Kipper losing

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· ZFI#t=27

FaxCap

dirtyjeffer0
Premium Member
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0 to NefCanuck

Premium Member

to NefCanuck
buffoonery??

i think he does a pretty good job as a panelist...making the transition from a player to a "journalist" isn't easy...i think he does a pretty good job on camera...not sure what the big deal is with Friedman either...at least PJ played the game, and not just in NA.

FaxCap
Surrey, BC

FaxCap to capdjq

to capdjq
said by capdjq:

I like Ray Ferraro. Good ole BC boy.

I see he was voted the Most Hated by his peers.

He took trash-talk to a whole new level.

FaxCap

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

to dirtyjeffer0
I like Kypper, i like him and MacLean when they start bitching at each other, but that shows passion for the game on both sides.

Kypper has been doing this for a while now, If I'm not mistaken he joined Sportsnet when it was still called CTV SportsNet in the late 90's, before Rogers bought it out.

dirtyjeffer0
Premium Member
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

said by HiVolt:

Kypper has been doing this for a while now, If I'm not mistaken he joined Sportsnet when it was still called CTV SportsNet in the late 90's, before Rogers bought it out.

i think you are correct...i have a picture of him when shaner and I went to a playoff game at the ACC in (i think) 2004 (vs Ottawa)...also nabbed a photo of Bettman as he was sitting just a couple of seats over from us in the box beside where we were (the NHL box was adjacent to us).
Expand your moderator at work