spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Bytezboy
join:2001-05-17
New York, NY

2 edits

Bytezboy

DVR rental price decreased or increased?

»www.verizon.com/Support/ ··· _X330#NY

DVR Service $11.00
Multi-Room DVR Service $12.00
FiOS QuantumSM TV — Enhanced Service $22.00
FiOS QuantumTV — Premium Service $32.00

Set Top Box Up to $11.99

Set Top Box costs as much as DVR? Is it a mistake?

I just switched to Tivo last month. It'll take a lot longer to break even with this new pricing.
marc3565
join:2009-10-08

marc3565

Re: DVR rental price lowered?

In the new model the $11 dvr service is on top of the per TV price (7.99 for me). It's actually a price increase for me if i were to reorder the same thing i already have
Bytezboy
New York, NY

Bytezboy

said by marc3565:

In the new model the $11 dvr service is on top of the per TV price (7.99 for me). It's actually a price increase for me if i were to reorder the same thing i already have

So, there's no standalone DVR price anymore?
nowayout
join:2009-06-22
Allentown, PA

nowayout

said by Bytezboy:

So, there's no standalone DVR price anymore?

Yeah pretty much. Good time to consider Tivos and Minis.
Bytezboy
New York, NY

1 edit

Bytezboy

I don't get the HD Set Top Box fee, did it increase from $6.99/$7.99 to $11.99 in the NYC area? Of course Verizon is not up front with their pricing.
marc3565
join:2009-10-08

marc3565

You pay a per TV fee. NYC prices may be different than what I see.. Then you add on a DVR or MRDVR or QUANTUM fee on top of that.
nowayout
Allentown, PA

nowayout to Bytezboy

to Bytezboy
Click for full size
The NYC pricing might be different, but this is what the process looks like.

You pick the number of TVs, and the DVR recording options on top of it (if any).

So for me here in PA, it'd be $23/mo for just one simple 2-tuner standalone DVR.
Bytezboy
New York, NY

1 recommendation

Bytezboy to marc3565

to marc3565
Those prices are outrageous, they are really getting out of control. I'm more glad than ever to have dumped their crappy DVR and went with Tivo.
ENFiOS
join:2007-11-09
MontCo PA

ENFiOS

Not for everybody - mine only went up a penny - going from 2 DVRs and 2 HD STB to 6-tuner VMS setup. Also kept my 3 free DCT-700s.
bushleaguer
join:2007-01-22
Gillette, NJ

bushleaguer to nowayout

to nowayout
said by nowayout:

You pick the number of TVs, and the DVR recording options on top of it (if any).

So for me here in PA, it'd be $23/mo for just one simple 2-tuner standalone DVR.

I'm still a bit confused about how this works - when you choose the amount of rooms that you need equipment for, does that include the Quantum DVR server? In other words, if you needed 1 VMS DVR and 4 remote boxes, is that 5 rooms or 4 rooms (the latter being that the monthly price for the Quantum TV service includes the cost for the DVR server)?

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

3 edits

bohratom to Bytezboy

to Bytezboy

Re: DVR rental price decreased or increased?

Rule of thumb seems to be homes with 1 DVR (which accounts for 85% of DVR setups according to Multichannel.com) will see a price increase, 2 DVR's about even and 3+ DVRS a savings.
bohratom

bohratom to bushleaguer

to bushleaguer

Re: DVR rental price lowered?

said by bushleaguer:

if you needed 1 VMS DVR and 4 remote boxes, is that 5 rooms or 4 rooms

bohratom

bohratom to nowayout

to nowayout
said by nowayout:

Is Quantum Premium ($32/mo) available in your VHO?
chewypgh
join:2007-12-17
Pittsburgh, PA

chewypgh to nowayout

to nowayout
said by nowayout:

I recently downgraded from a multi-room DVR with 1 STB to just a standalone DVR. I'm paying $16.99 ($11.00 for the DVR service and $5.99 for the DVR), the same price as a standalone DVR in the old pricing system.
nowayout
Allentown, PA

nowayout to bushleaguer

to bushleaguer
said by bushleaguer:

I'm still a bit confused about how this works - when you choose the amount of rooms that you need equipment for, does that include the Quantum DVR server? In other words, if you needed 1 VMS DVR and 4 remote boxes, is that 5 rooms or 4 rooms (the latter being that the monthly price for the Quantum TV service includes the cost for the DVR server)?

1 VMS and 4 extenders counts as 5 rooms.
said by bohratom:

Is Quantum Premium ($32/mo) available in your VHO?

Yes, if I select 2 or more rooms the "record 12 at once" $32 option comes up.
bushleaguer
join:2007-01-22
Gillette, NJ

bushleaguer

Got it.....thank you.
nowayout
Allentown, PA

nowayout to chewypgh

to chewypgh
said by chewypgh:

I recently downgraded from a multi-room DVR with 1 STB to just a standalone DVR. I'm paying $16.99 ($11.00 for the DVR service and $5.99 for the DVR), the same price as a standalone DVR in the old pricing system.

Yeah, current equipment holders shouldn't change their equipment unless they're OK with paying the current rates.

ITALIAN926
join:2003-08-16

1 edit

ITALIAN926 to nowayout

to nowayout
Developed to make you scratch your head, heres some help: We're paying at least $30 a month for the VMS DVR equipment.

The positive is that essentially every box in the house behaves like a DVR, including pausing and rewinding live TV.

People that decide to upgrade to VMS, or get rid of it, have to change all boxes in their house. Thats pretty incredible. The higher prices are required just for shipping/refurbishing future boxes, Im sure.

guppy_fish
Premium Member
join:2003-12-09
Palm Harbor, FL

guppy_fish

Premium Member

said by ITALIAN926:

People that decide to upgrade to VMS, or get rid of it, have to change all boxes in their house. Thats pretty incredible. The higher prices are required just for shipping/refurbishing future boxes, Im sure.

It will be covered by Verizon's user return fee charges ...

ITALIAN926
join:2003-08-16

ITALIAN926

From what I heard last week, those charges are no longer applied for returns to the FiOS stores.
bsangs
join:2002-08-21
Montclair, NJ

bsangs

said by ITALIAN926:

From what I heard last week, those charges are no longer applied for returns to the FiOS stores.

That is correct - and I recently experienced it. No return fees anymore.