Search similar:

uniqs
garfield
join:2011-03-12
Columbus, GA

1 edit

garfield

downstream power levels

For sake of brevity, other half of duplex got WoW cable connected yesterday. Unfortunately the tech disconnected me as well while I was at work. Tech came out this morning. He got a bit snippy that I wasn't staying as I was leaving for work (which per last night's call was ok--he "doesn't need to go inside"). I propped modem on window sill so he could see lights. My question is that my downstream power levels were -1 to -2 on all four channels, now they have jumped to -11 to -13. Is this bad? If so, can Dan help so I don't get hit with that new (in my area) $35 roll fee?

edit: Forgot to say my speeds are comparable with pre-disconnect speeds. Am getting 30/5.

Just_Dan
Premium Member
join:2011-03-24
Denver, CO

Just_Dan

Premium Member

I won't be able to really tell you much remotely, but it sounds like something may not have been hooked back up correctly when they reconnected, as you shouldn't have signal levels that low. This will require someone coming out to your house regardless, but I should be able to get in contact with someone to get that taken care of for you to make sure there's no charges involved. If you could send me your name, address and phone number in a private message, I will get in contact with someone that can help you out.