Veloslave
Geek For God
Premium Member
join:2003-07-11
Martinez, CA

Veloslave

Premium Member

War of words

Which will lead to big $$ sooner or later. Classic tail wagging the dog... they tell their tail of boo hoo, we are losing so much money blah, blah blah. MEANWHILE... the only money they are really losing is the bribery $$$ they are spending buying votes in Washington.

My God why does the American public (fall for) allow itself to be regulated to death and poverty? (All the while getting crappy service compared to all the other countries around)

It is amazing the amount of political corruption we put up with. I wonder how long it will take before there are more rules for using your IP connection than there are for driving down the road?

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium Member
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK

KrK

Premium Member

The only ones lobbying for more regulation are the ISP's. ... the regulation they lobby for it to further block competition and entrench their virtual monopoly position.....

Veloslave
Geek For God
Premium Member
Martinez, CA

Veloslave

Premium Member

Exactly what I meant

BonezX
Basement Dweller
Premium Member
join:2004-04-13
Canada

BonezX to KrK

Premium Member

to KrK
said by KrK:

The only ones lobbying for more regulation are the ISP's. ... the regulation they lobby for it to further block competition and entrench their virtual monopoly position.....

well they lobby for deregulation of their existing systems while instituting regulation towards start up companies.

it's a two pronged thing.

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium Member
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK

KrK

Premium Member

True. De-regulation on how they can control users and how much they can over-charge people, but regulation to block start-ups, competitors, or technology users can use to avoid said control and charges.

Veloslave
Geek For God
Premium Member
Martinez, CA

Veloslave

Premium Member

The sad irony of it all is...

We elect them, they own them.

They will do whatever their owners want as long as it stays on the down low (for the most part) enough for them to get reelected. The only thing worse is when the ones we elect get to appoint them.