Search similar:

uniqs

inferno_gn
Premium Member
join:2007-02-26
Verdun, QC

inferno_gn

Premium Member

[Home Phone] Bell Home Phone to Teksavvy Home Phone...

Hi there,

There is a stop sell right now. Is it possible to switch to you?

Ju Leon...

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

There is still a stop sell for POTS. You are more than welcome to get our TekTalk though

petah
join:2002-07-27
L9T

petah

Sorry to hijack the topic. What about new sign ups?

What about existing Teksavvy POTS moving request?

Tnx

TSI Andre
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

New numbers are good to go. Moves are still honoured. We simply stopped receiving transfers from bell land lines

inferno_gn
Premium Member
Verdun, QC

inferno_gn

Premium Member

Hi there,

Crap, honestly, this is just BS. I really want to get out of Bell. Well, to Videotron then.

Ju Leon...

needsomehelp
join:2014-02-07
Canada

needsomehelp

Teksavvy offers a VOIP line called Tektalk. I have had this service for several months now. As long as your internet is solid, you will have crystal clear calls and no dropped calls. At least, that is my experience...
And for $14.95 a month, can't really go wrong...
Jaggrr
join:2014-06-05
can

Jaggrr to inferno_gn

to inferno_gn
I contacted Tek and was told they could not port my phone number from Bell for either service they offered. Something about being blocked.

Can't get a straight answer out of anyone at Bell and have escalated my call to 3rd level.

Checked other resellers and same problem. Love to know why I am stuck with Bell if I want to keep my number!!!

Anyone please advise if you know why.

Cheers
bw5745
join:2014-03-14

bw5745

Are you in a small town? Someone has to invest money and install equipment in your local central office so that companies like Teksavvy can port your number to VoIP. If your town is too small, Bell might be the only provider. Post your area code and the first three digits. Alternatively, post the name of your rate center. (Look at the place name listed next to your number in the long distance detailed billing.)

inferno_gn
Premium Member
Verdun, QC

inferno_gn

Premium Member

Hi there,

That's the thing, isn't phone numbers can be ported anywhere for competition? If Bell tied your number and can't be ported out, what's the point for all this? The CTRC should allow porting with minimal cost for everyone, bring a lot more competition and better pricing. So far, all I see everything is going up lately...

Ju Leon...

anonanonca
@72.1.197.x

anonanonca to TSI Andre

Anon

to TSI Andre
Does this mean, I can potentially switch from TekTalk to Tek-POTS?
bw5745

1 recommendation

bw5745 to inferno_gn

to inferno_gn
»POTS resellers

Apparently, reselling Bell Home Phone is a bad deal for companies like Teksavvy. If they steal a Bell customer, they pay huge penalties.
Mango
Use DMZ and you get a kick in the dick.
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net

Mango to Jaggrr

Premium Member

to Jaggrr
If you'd like to tell us your area code and the next three digits of your phone number, I'll look up the providers that can provide service to you.

m.
bw5745

bw5745

If you want to look up your number yourself, use:
»localcallingguide.com/

If your number is 519-351-XXXX, use Area Code/Prefix/OCN search. Use NPA for the area code and NXX for the first three digits.

519-351	A	Chatham	ON	CHHMON17DS0	8051 BELL CANADA - ON [link]	888

Click on the rate centre link:

Chatham, ON [Prefix detail] [Map]

Click on Prefix detail. This shows all the numbers and providers in your rate centre.

519-351	A	CHHMON17DS0	8051 BELL CANADA - ON [link]	888

Bell has a lot of numbers because they are the incumbent

519-480	A	CHHMON175MD	8377 Rogers Communications Partnership (Cable) [link]	888

The local cable company is there too.

519-350	A	CHHMONAA1MD	8821 ROGERS WIRELESS [link]	888
519-359 A CHHMON174MD 6574 BELL MOBILITY [link] 888
519-365 A CHHMON173MD 8303 TELUS MOBILITY [link] 888

As are the cell companies

226-312	A	CHHMON17DMD	082E Distributel Communications Ltd-ON [link]	888
226-494 A CHHMON17FMD 4727 ISP TELECOM [link] 888
226-671 A CHHMON17CMD 2776 MANAGED NETWORK SYSTEMS INC. [link] 888
226-798 A CHHMON170MD 154E Iristel Inc. [link] 888
226-799 A CHHMON170MD 154E Iristel Inc. [link] 888
226-830 A 160G Comwave Networks [link] 888
226-996 A CHHMON179MD 464D Fibernetics Corporation [link] 888

The companies of interest are the ones you haven't heard of. They're the CLECs that Teksavvy would use to service your phone number. If there aren't any in your rate centre, you won't be able to port your number to VoIP.

You could try Vonage or Primus. Since their plans are more expensive, they might be willing to pay a cell company to service your number.
Jaggrr
can

Jaggrr to inferno_gn

to inferno_gn
Ok,

So my area code is 905 and here is the rate info from Tek's page for Home Phone when I do the lookup:

City Prov NPA NXX Total Cost Purchase
BOLTON Ontario 905 533 $30.93 Buy Now

If I just enter my phone number instead of city I get the following

Due to certain limitations associated with the Bell service platform, TekSavvy has had to impose stop sells in certain situations. Should you be affected by these limitations we encourage you to consider our digital phone product TekTalk.

When i check TekTalk, I get the following:

Unfortunately we are unable to port that telephone number.

I have checked with not just Tek but countless other "Resellers" and they all give me the same response. Of course they can give me a New Number.

I have further checked with other "LandLine" companies and they can port my phone number but can not offer a new number, the complete opposite.

With further digging on the net, I found the following which document from the CRTC:

»www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/info_sht/t1023.htm

Key point in the document is:

It then highlights that some companies are local phone providers (and they will allow porting) and then the resellers where the local phone providers dont have to port if they dont want to or offer agreements, prices and use Stop Sell to limit transfers and look good to CRTC for limited transfers.

I would just like Bell to give me a straight answer on this. They keep escalating and keep saying I can port to anyone and there are no restrictions on my accounts, # etc...

TSI Andre
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

Hi there,

Bell is not preventing you from porting to us. WE are the ones that have imposed a stop sell. TekTalk is available if you would like to register for that service.

I am sorry if we misinformed you on this when you called.

Regards,

Andre
bw5745

1 edit

bw5745 to Jaggrr

to Jaggrr
»www.thespout.ca

Spout Communications apparently offers porting in Bolton.

»www.thespout.ca/services ··· -canada/

It may not be as inexpensive as you'd like.
Jaggrr
can

Jaggrr to TSI Andre

to TSI Andre
So, you can "Port" my number to TekTalk? When I do a check on your web site I am informed of the following message:

Unfortunately we are unable to port that telephone number.

The sales people at your company confirmed they can only offer me a new phone number to use any of your voice services.

Please advise

TSI Andre
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

It is possible that TekTalk isn't available. I was generalizing without knowing your specific info.

As for POTS service, we should be able to provide a new number. The stop sell is simply on porting non-CLEC numbers (ie. we can provide porting for non-bell network numbers).

TSI Keith
Premium Member
join:2012-07-09

TSI Keith to Jaggrr

Premium Member

to Jaggrr
On our TekTalk service, we do not have access to every rate center in ON and QC. It may be possible that we do not have a number in your town OR that we cannot port your number, but that is a current limitation on TekTalk availability and not related to Bell or the POTS stop sell.

With that being said, feel free to PM me the phone number you'd like to port if you would like it triple checked
Mango
Premium Member
www.toao.net

Mango to Jaggrr

Premium Member

to Jaggrr
Some service providers with number portability in Bolton, Ontario:

AcroVoice (full service, provides pre-configured equipment, very easy to use)
Anveo (advanced configuration options, does the most, good for experienced business users, cheap service with pay-per-use support)
Callcentric (easiest DIY service, you provide and configure your own equipment)
VoIP.ms

m.
five08gm1
join:2011-12-06

five08gm1 to inferno_gn

to inferno_gn
Could you port to rogers, then back to tek pots?
Mango
Premium Member
www.toao.net

Mango

Premium Member

According to this thread, a winback is not eligible.

metalhawk
join:2007-02-06
Nepean, ON

metalhawk to five08gm1

to five08gm1
said by five08gm1:

Could you port to rogers, then back to tek pots?

From what I can gather from posts in the past, if a phone number was issued by Bell (even if that was 20 years ago), then it's considered a "Bell number", regardless of who currently provides your service at that number.