uniqs
share rss forum feed

Kilroy
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

Let's herd the sheep

said by Police arrest man in elevator stabbing of boy, 6 :
The children's knife attack cast a spotlight on the issue of surveillance cameras because none was in place to capture any images of the attacker despite funds set aside by the New York City Housing Authority to pay for them.
Obviously we need to be watched everywhere for the greater good.
--
"Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something." - Robert A. Heinlein

DownTheShore
Honoring The Captain
Premium
join:2003-12-02
Beautiful NJ
kudos:14
They need to investigate why those funds haven't been spent on those cameras. I'm not a fan of cameras in elevators, but I would make an exception for those in NYCHA apartment buildings. Those residents need all the security they can get.

drjenkins

join:2005-03-30
Bealeton, VA

2 recommendations

I suspect camera vandalism is a significant financial concern.

therube

join:2004-11-11
Randallstown, MD

1 recommendation

reply to Kilroy
I keep a surveillance camera in my bathroom in case I let off a bomb.

Bobby_Peru
Premium
join:2003-06-16
reply to drjenkins
Since MaxSecurity, Inc. (a wholly owned subsidiary of Google Intergalactic) began requiring it's thousands of contract customers to install their latest CPC (Camera Protection Camera) for every camera installed, Quarterly Profits have trended upwards...

Although some clients have remarked on the decreasing space left for actual occupancy, spokeswoman Barbara Boots related that technical advances in miniaturization will allow for more and more CPCs.