uniqs

davidg
Good Bye My Friend
MVM
join:2002-06-15

davidg to mikekay

MVM

to mikekay

[Carpentry] Re: How the heck do I put this piece in!!!

I had a similar situation doing our hall and my daughter's floor in laminate. I had to do it as described above for the most part but with a twist.

I do have wood trim so I was able to cut the trim first. But due to the way the doors inset there was no room to do the normal snap lock. So what I did when I got close was leave out a run or two, trim the lock groove on the door piece, then put it in place. Then I slid my missing pieces in and tapped them tight. one place I did glue it because it was both high traffic and the only way to guarantee a tight fit.

mikekay
Premium Member
join:2011-01-29
Kitchener, ON

mikekay

Premium Member

said by davidg:

I had a similar situation doing our hall and my daughter's floor in laminate. I had to do it as described above for the most part but with a twist.

I do have wood trim so I was able to cut the trim first. But due to the way the doors inset there was no room to do the normal snap lock. So what I did when I got close was leave out a run or two, trim the lock groove on the door piece, then put it in place. Then I slid my missing pieces in and tapped them tight. one place I did glue it because it was both high traffic and the only way to guarantee a tight fit.

Sweet good spin as well. I have to cut the casing first I hope I dont run into any problems :|