uniqs
AVonGauss
Premium Member
join:2007-11-01
Boynton Beach, FL

AVonGauss to pumpkinhead7

Premium Member

to pumpkinhead7

Re: So, Comcast has had their meter independantly audited... will Neflix?

Yet the evil corporation actually goes to the trouble of having a third party perform the audit and releases (at least for the last one) the basis (data) and audit report for public viewing.

Probitas
@206.248.154.x

Probitas

Anon

So when a pharma company has a third party they pay for release documents stating their drug is safe even if others have tested and shown NOT safe, it gets approved and then kills people, that was reliable and not bought.

When any company doing any auditing has financial ties to the company they are auditing, that's a huge red flag in my book. Government institutions are supposed to be paid for by tax payers because it's in the publics interest, not private (again, stating what it should be, not what it likely is).
AVonGauss
Premium Member
Boynton Beach, FL

1 edit

AVonGauss

Premium Member

While I would actually tend to agree a paid for study or even audit deserves more scrutiny, I would hardly compare a bandwidth meter to a drug viability analysis. My point, which you seem to have ignored, is they also tend to release the supporting data. Did you read it and find an area that is suspicious?
sonicmerlin
join:2009-05-24
Cleveland, OH

sonicmerlin

said by AVonGauss:

While I would actually tend to agree a paid for study or even audit deserves more scrutiny, I would hardly compare a bandwidth meter to a drug viability analysis. My point, which you seem to have ignored, is they also tend to release the supporting data. Did you read it and find an area that is suspicious?

Why don't you read the comments section of that article on this site? There are plenty of complaints about the methodology.

But more importantly, there's no way to confirm the data is accurate. The release of the report wasn't "trouble" for Comcast, it was a calculated PR move to bolster the argument for their merger.
AVonGauss
Premium Member
Boynton Beach, FL

AVonGauss

Premium Member

The released the first audit long before there was any TWC merger....

ieolus
Support The Clecs
join:2001-06-19
Danbury, CT

ieolus to AVonGauss

to AVonGauss
This is how it works...
1. manipulate data
2. provide said manipulated data to "independent 3rd party"
3. release report based on manipulated data
4. ???
5. profit

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt to Probitas

Premium Member

to Probitas
Nobody died here, MAYBE, at most, somebody pays a few extra a month until it get a hearing. MAYBE