Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

1 edit

Davesnothere to HenryA

Premium Member

to HenryA

Re: VMedia - NOT happy

But it was the DEALER who sold you the car, and unless there is a recall, the makers refuse to do much.

The problem in this Internet stuff is that Bell/Rogers etc deliberately put so much red tape and service charges in the way of fixing things for the Indie ISP as to try to make us not want to use an Indie ISP, and return to, cough, Bell/Rogers etc.

Sometimes hard to prove, but nonetheless true.
alexb4
join:2010-01-13
Gatineau

alexb4 to HenryA

to HenryA
said by HenryA:

I'm not sure how you get from Vmedia (Ciktel) = not happy

When it's Rogers = sh*tty service, hardware and connections.

Lots of these posts seem to place the blame on Vmedia and Ciktel, when it's Rogers and Bell's crap ass connections that are the problem.

It's like blaming the car dealership for selling you a lemon, when it's the car manufacturer that's to blame.

I realize Rogers is likely to route cause of my issues, however it wasn't Rogers that hung up on me when I questioned how running speed tests again over the next few days was going to resolve my issue and it's not Rogers' tech support that keeps brushing me off and telling me to wait a few days. George Burger said he'd look into this and I never heard back from him. Aside from all that, I'm not giving Rogers my money every month. I'm giving it to VMedia. It's up to them to resolve this.

Before this problem I had nothing but good things to say about VMedia. I've referred a handful of people to them who are happy with their service. What they offer is great when it works, but tech support is seriously lacking when things go south. Once this is resolved I'll be a happy camper again.
fred999
join:2012-02-09
Scarborough, ON

fred999

I keep seeing this over and over again.

When things are working well, everyone's happy with the 3rd party. As soon as something breaks, you're likely to go through agony getting it fixed. I went through that myself with Primus.

I've often wondered, would a solution be to temporarily go back to the incumbent, let them fix the problem, and as soon as it's fixed, go back to the 3rd party?

Would that work?
alexb4
join:2010-01-13
Gatineau

alexb4

Woohoo! My internet randomly started working again! Hopefully it stays that way.

nekkidtruth
YISMM
Premium Member
join:2002-05-20
London, ON
Netgear R7000
Asus RT-N66
Hitron CODA-4582

1 recommendation

nekkidtruth to fred999

Premium Member

to fred999
I often think about this as well. Most of these "issues" would be resolved in some form or another rather quickly if you were directly a customer of the incumbent. The only problem I can foresee is the incumbent interfering again once it's been resolved and you've moved back to the TPIA again.

Who's to say that the tech who visits isn't instructed to deliberately damage important hardware? Of course, that's a serious allegation, although probably happens more often than anyone would like to admit.

I watch closely when customers of TPIA's complain about issues with stability and their speeds. I look for someone to say "I was on Rogers and had a rock solid connection, but with TekSavvy my connection loses packets", as an example. The problem is, some of these TPIA's have their own congestion issues that cloud the overall picture and it makes it difficult to determine with whom the issue truly lies. So much drama for access to the Internet...

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by nekkidtruth:

....Who's to say that the tech who visits isn't instructed to deliberately damage important hardware?

Of course, that's a serious allegation, although probably happens more often than anyone would like to admit....

+1 to THAT !
Trentelshark
join:2002-12-11
London, ON

Trentelshark to alexb4

to alexb4
I'm starting to think Rogers may be making some changes and it's shifting west. The last few nights I have had the issue again where speeds drop off and eventually I lose sync. For the first time last night the modem would not resync immediately, it took 3 or 4 tries until it came back online at which point everything was fine again. This leads me to believe something was up with the CMTS since my signals are always fine. I used to have the same thing happen on Rogers at random, just like this, and never really had an explanation for it but was always around the same time when it did occur. Might be a few days of it and then it just clears itself up.

Just a thought, but good to see it's all fixed up for you.