All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
link626
join:2003-10-06
los angeles

link626

[Phone] how long does it really take to port your number?

TWC website says it can take up to 3 weeks to port your number, but I find that hard to believe.

Has anyone ported their number from ATT? How long does it typically take?

arvy
@76.95.10.x

arvy

Anon

a week after i contacted twc to add phone service a tech made the service call. my number is the same as with at&t.

alchav
join:2002-05-17
Saint George, UT

alchav to link626

to link626
said by link626:

TWC website says it can take up to 3 weeks to port your number, but I find that hard to believe.

Has anyone ported their number from ATT? How long does it typically take?

You have to establish your new service first, then Port your Number. If you are going to have TWC Digital Phone, just follow the instructions on their Web Site. First you have to find out if your Number is Portable. You have to go through your new Provider to Port your Number, that will disconnect your Phone from AT&T. So the Time Line is set up by your new Provider. It's all mechanized and orders have to be put in to build your Phone Number to the new Provider. If you disconnect from AT&T first, your Number is gone and it doesn't belong to you anymore.

OSUGoose
join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH
Apple AirPort Extreme (2013)

OSUGoose

Wrong, you contact TWC, inform the you wish to port in your number, they will put in the needed request to AT&T, based upon the time AT&T expects to release the number to TWC will dictate your appointment time (day, week, ect). Once the service is installed that completes the port and your old providers account is automatically closed.
milkman82
join:2006-06-19
Cleveland, OH

milkman82 to link626

to link626
I dunno about the landline.. but from ATT wireless to release to Tmobile for me.. it was about 2 days and one day was my fault.. I did not respond Tmobile the first day about a security question.. So.. honestly.. I think ATT will pass the number rather quickly..
mastero9
join:2009-05-29
Los Angeles, CA

mastero9 to link626

to link626
Ordered last week and had appointment today. Tech did it's thing and m number was port immediately. Like flipping a switch. Same goes with wireless numbers/providers...

I went from Verizon > Tmobile > AT&T > Sprint > Verizon. Never had an issue, it's always immediately, unless you have some sort of Past Due balance then your port will take long or will not work at all. Also, make sure your current account doesn't have a lock or special pin/password.

anon_5224
join:2001-10-23
united state

anon_5224 to link626

to link626
»www.npac.com/number-port ··· np-works