We Want... A Shrubbery
Premium Member
join:2000-02-11
Hamilton, OH

3 edits

bjf123

Premium Member

Keyboard Issue

One of our iMacs has started having an issue with a keystroke combination. Our manufacturing software uses Cmd U to do an update. On one workstation, that keystroke has started causing the screen saver to appear. I've looked in keyboard and screen saver settings and don't see anything there. This happens if we're using the Logitech wireless keyboard or plug in the wired Apple keyboard. The iMac is running Lion. Can't update to Mavericks due to a computability issue with a key piece of software we use. I do have Mountain Lion on a flash drive. Any ideas?

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

Try looking under Accessibility in the system preferences to see if nothing got changed.

bjf123
We Want... A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Hamilton, OH

bjf123

Premium Member

It's under Universal Access on her system, but everything appears to be correct.

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

I would try to create a new account and see what happens.

bjf123
We Want... A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Hamilton, OH

bjf123

Premium Member

That worked. Of course, now I've got to find the time to set up the new account and then move the files, documents, and email from one to the other.

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

Yeah its one of those things that sometimes you just can't figure out and creating a new account fixes things.

It would be nice if there was a "reset all preferences" back to default like on iOS devices.