MVM,
join:2000-08-05
New Orleans, LA
ARRIS NVG510

mjf

MVM,

Popup from this site

alert:
Hi there, do you have a Motorola NVG510 router/modem? the modem firmware has bugs and can unexpectedly change website urls (see your address bar, it has added cgi-bin/... to the end). Thought you should know.

-- DSLreports.com System Admin.

How can I stop the modem from adding cgi-bin/... to the end of the address bar?

rolande
Certifiable
MVM,
join:2002-05-24
Dallas, TX

rolande

MVM,

How have you confirmed that the modem itself is rewriting the URL and not something on the workstation? Are you seeing it in a packet capture coming in the network interface?

mjf
MVM,
New Orleans, LA

mjf

MVM,

You are way over my head with those questions. That alert pops up when I enter the site and indeed the url has the cgi-bin/ at the end. You will have to walk me through getting the info you are looking for.

rolande
Certifiable
MVM,
join:2002-05-24
Dallas, TX
ARRIS BGW210-700
Cisco Meraki MR42

rolande

MVM,

Doh! I must've been brain dead last night. You're getting a browser alert pop up from DSLR and not just a URL rewrite. Yes, I have heard of this before. I think there is a buggy security feature that causes that. I can't recall offhand which one it is.

mjf
MVM,
New Orleans, LA

mjf

MVM,

I have found the work around to getting on the site. I changed the bookmark url to »/?r=456.
mjf

mjf

MVM,

And the fix is to telnet into the modem:

set mgmt.lan-redirect.enable off
val
apply
save

Then clear your history in your browser.

mackey
Premium Member
join:2007-08-20

1 recommendation

mackey

Premium Member

Just a FYI for people with NVG589's, mgmt.lan-redirect.enable can be set from the web interface. I don't remember offhand what menu option it's under, but the page is events.ha

/M