Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

aaronwt
Premium
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA

I just put down my $100 deposit for a reservation on an....

Elio.

»www.eliomotors.com/

Duramax08
To The Moon
Premium
join:2008-08-03
San Antonio, TX
That looks really neat. Whats the wait time on one of those?

Goliath2k
Premium
join:2013-12-28
united state
reply to aaronwt
A coworker of mine is ordering one of those as well. I really wanna see it when he gets it...

biochemistry
Premium
join:2003-05-09

2 recommendations

reply to aaronwt
They don't look particularly safe. I'd feel better riding in a Smart car and no I will never ride in a Smart car.
--
isheavenforreal.com

aaronwt
Premium
Woodbridge, VA
They haven't even started production yet. Hopefully they will start rolling off the assembly line next year. At 80+ mpg highway and an HOV exemption, it should be worth it to me for a commuter car. Since it will save me alot of time and money(with gas savings).

As far as safety. There are already tons of motorcycles out on the HOV lanes. I would rather be in an Elio than on a motorcycle. I know they are supposedly trying for a five star crash rating though.

jjeffeory

join:2002-12-04
USA
I didn't think they were doing HOV exemptions in VA ANYMORE. So glad I moved away from there, especially Dale City!!! The traffic cops there ruin lives.

stevennb
Ok, But, Thats The Last Straw.
Premium
join:2001-05-08
Wayne, NJ
reply to aaronwt
And pepboys are the official service center. Eshhh and yikes.

biochemistry
Premium
join:2003-05-09
reply to jjeffeory
And how backward is this state when they still don't allow radar detectors?
--
isheavenforreal.com

aaronwt
Premium
Woodbridge, VA
reply to jjeffeory
said by jjeffeory:

I didn't think they were doing HOV exemptions in VA ANYMORE. So glad I moved away from there, especially Dale City!!! The traffic cops there ruin lives.

The exemptions depend on the vehicle. For Hybirds they need to be grandfathered in and of course zero emission vehicles are allowed. Motorcyles are also allowed on HOV. The government classifies the Elio as a motorcycle. And virginia has a bill that is supposed to create a new classification called autocycles. Which the Elio would be classified as. Although I don't know if they have voted on the bill yet.

aaronwt
Premium
Woodbridge, VA
reply to biochemistry
said by biochemistry:

And how backward is this state when they still don't allow radar detectors?

I've never had a need for a radar detector.

jjeffeory

USA
reply to aaronwt
Yes, I'm very familiar with the HOV lanes there and motorcycles. The Elio is interesting.

jjeffeory

USA
reply to aaronwt
You must not travel very much. They're pretty handy across the country, except for in Virginia, of course...