Ubiquiti NSM5
Synology RT2600ac
Apple AirPort Extreme (2013)

TamaraB to haroldo

Premium Member

to haroldo

Re: Time Machine - Problem connecting to server

said by haroldo:

Kind of defeats the purpose of the "all in one" (WiFi+Drive) Time Capsule, no?

Not really. My TC provides WIFI to the house, but backups are handled via ethernet.

I live in an urban area where radio interference is bad. When I owned a TV, I would regularly hear cabs and high-power CB radios spilling over into the TV sound and picture. While the interference was intermittent, I can only imagine what havoc it could produce on a sensitive WIFI link.

To this day, I occasionally lose connectivity to my WIFI connected MacBook. Connection looks good, but no coms to the network until I stop and restart WIFI on the MacBook. I suspect radio interference is the cause.

lhvetinari
yaW gnorW
join:2008-09-26
Kenosha/Chgo

lhvetinari

I have had the same problems - I lived in a few places in the city where I could be 10 feet from the router and still had to resort to ethernet due to interference and instability. It really was a royal pain in the ass.

haroldo
join:2004-01-16
USA

haroldo

Not in city, no interference (that I know of)

lhvetinari
yaW gnorW
join:2008-09-26
Kenosha/Chgo

lhvetinari

I assume you've tried this »support.apple.com/kb/HT3728 . Also, if you haven't, change the channel used by the network (find the least-occupied channel with tools here »www.maketecheasier.com/f ··· channel/ )
Liberty
Premium Member
join:2005-06-12
Arizona

Liberty

Premium Member

www.maketecheasier.com/find-best···channel/

When I read that I thought - cool tool I didn't know was buried in there.
When I try with 10.9 I don't have the options displayed as shown in tutorial - only the basic Diagnostic tool & nothing more...
Am I missing something?