All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
RDC17
join:2011-05-15
Vienna, VA

RDC17

[X1-X2] Any way around the X1 installation fee?

I moved into a new apartment over the weekend which has Comcast as the only TV/HSI option. I called the apt. sales rep back in April to set up an install date, he said I would get the X1 DVR with the package I selected. Long story short, I got dicked by the guy and he never put the order through until the day I moved in and I had to go to a store to get the DVR. I was pretty disappointed when the store rep brought out a crappy 8300HDC box, I told her the rep said I would be getting an X1 box and she said it requires a tech visit and $49 install fee. I'm going to call back the rep tomorrow and explain how he shit the bed for this process, but if I don't have any luck with this guy is there any way to get around the upgrade fee?
Mr Matt
join:2008-01-29
Eustis, FL

Mr Matt

said by RDC17:

I moved into a new apartment over the weekend which has Comcast as the only TV/HSI option. I called the apt. sales rep back in April to set up an install date, he said I would get the X1 DVR with the package I selected. Long story short, I got dicked by the guy and he never put the order through until the day I moved in and I had to go to a store to get the DVR.

You obviously missed this story on this website:

ISPs Still Fib About Advertised Prices, Regulators Don't Care

»ISPs Still Fib About Advertised Prices, Regulators Don't Care [34] comments
RDC17
Vienna, VA

1 edit

RDC17

To be fair, I got an order summary later in the day and the internet tier/TV plan is what I was promised back in April.

I expected a tech visit to do the install anyways, I asked him if there was an install charge and he told me only if I needed a new outlet to be installed.
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

rody_44

Premium Member

The problem is tho that was for a new install with x1 service. When you went and got the box at the office you no longer are a new install.
RDC17
Vienna, VA

RDC17

Yes, it was a Friday afternoon when I picked up the equipment, I didn't know that at the time it required a tech visit, but had the sales rep put the order in when he promised he would it wouldn't have been a self-install.