spc
Search similar:

uniqs
gsm
join:2009-03-10
144-0052

gsm

Looking for a new router

I am in the market for a new router. I currently have a dir-865l but its starting to act up and its already reached eof according to what I saw on dlink.com web site. I have no idea what to get I already have tried the asus RT-n66w but that had perforce problems after 3 days on wired and wireless and had to return it. Ever since cisco sold Linksys I have no idea what to get I really miss the old days of cisco and Linksys. I have been thinking about getting a ZyXEL and just using my dir-865l as a wireless access point and move it somewhere else in my house. I have a new house that was built in 2008 I should point out its built really well which explains my wifi problems. It is 3500 square feet. So I been having wireless problems and I currently have 2 routers on my network one in the basement with wireless turned off and one up stairs with wireless on that is a esr600h that a friend gave me when he moved. So I am unsure of what to get. But I could use some feed back. My main internet drop from my isp is in the basement. I tried to move it upstairs but I lost 35mbps for some reason when I did that also it gets hot now that's its summer.

Veloslave
Geek For God
Premium Member
join:2003-07-11
Martinez, CA

Veloslave

Premium Member

Kinda the wrong forum but personally on the home front... I don't know the "W" model but I have had nothing but awesome success with the ASUS RT-AC66U. I run web servers and a domain at home and it meets every need.
gsm
join:2009-03-10
144-0052

gsm

it was the white version of the router.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall to Veloslave

MVM

to Veloslave
said by Veloslave:

Kinda the wrong forum but personally on the home front... I don't know the "W" model but I have had nothing but awesome success with the ASUS RT-AC66U. I run web servers and a domain at home and it meets every need.

The ASUS routers are all awesome. I have an RT-N66U and it works great.
HELLFIRE
MVM
join:2009-11-25

1 recommendation

HELLFIRE to gsm

MVM

to gsm
It may help you better to get a budget, and a specific list of requirements, rather than asking "what should I get?"
My goto list for this kind of request would be the router charts of smallnetbuilder, personally.

If you're thinking "wireless problem," get a site survey done -- easiest way is to walk around the house with a laptop
running netstumbler or inssider and recording the signal strengths and ping results.

My 00000010bits

Regards

Juke Box
His Word Never Fails
Premium Member
join:2001-01-29
Psalm 96 ESV

Juke Box to gsm

Premium Member

to gsm
I just installed an R7000 and it rocks.