uniqs
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

Pale Moon: Activate Fx PDF reader?

I was going to ask this in the Pale Moon forum but I read there a reply last year from the Pale Moon developer about this. He practically bit off the head of the person who asked about it. I would like to avoid having mine bit off also. The dev seems to feel extremely strongly on this issue.

What puzzles me though is that the dev states that the Fx code for the builtin PDF reader is INTACT IN PALE MOON but has been disabled by default. He says the code is in Pale Moon so, if for some reason you don't have a stand alone PDF reader, you can still read it in Pale Moon.

I want to know how to enable it. Is it an about:config setting?

Also, will the built in Fx PDF reader function on Pale Moon 64 bit? (So far, I have had no problems with the 64 bit version of Pale Moon but if the only way to use the built in PDF reader is in 32 bit Pale Moon then I might install it too).

IMO, one the few really good things Mozilla has done recently is the built in PDF reader. It works perfectly in my experience. My Evince PDF reader crashes on the PDFs I most need to read (Samsung, Dell, etc manuals) and I greatly dislike all other PDF readers. So, either I have to use Fx every time I need to read a PDF or I get it to work in Pale Moon.
Mele20

Mele20

Premium Member

Click for full size
Well, that was simple. I was over thinking it.

I easily found the setting in about:config and changed it to true. Restarted Pale Moon and tested with an IRS PDF! It loaded just fine in Pale Moon 64 bit.