join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA
·Verizon FiOS

1 edit

Mike

Mod

Dr. Dre the new Steve Jobs?

»www.macrumors.com/2014/0 ··· profile/

Once Tim Cook realizes he is not a very good CEO and should stick with Operations because he is making another case for the Peter Principle, I wonder if Dr. Dre can lead a computer company?

What if SVP of Music Services is his next step to get his feet wet? When I think of music, I sure as shit don't think of Eddie Cue.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

Give me a break... He's got no education & experience to be able to hack it as a CEO of a $100 Billion dollar company.

Record company CEO? Sure. that's what he knows, thats where he came from and he knows the business. Computers, tablets, operating systems, app stores? Nope...

I don't see him staying long term at Apple after this acquisition.

wmcbrine
join:2002-12-30
Laurel, MD

wmcbrine to Mike

to Mike
Dr. Dre can't even get his own album out within a decade. »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr ··· t:_Detox

Mike
Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA
·Verizon FiOS

Mike

Mod

quote:
Dr. Dre's perfectionist impulse, coupled with his disregard for artificial deadlines, have meant that "he doesn't put out a lot of material," despite being a workaholic, said Paul Rosenberg, a lawyer and manager of one of Dr. Dre's protégés, rapper Eminem.
So he's black steve?

WillRegSoon
@74.89.72.x

WillRegSoon to Mike

Anon

to Mike
You don't really think Dr. Dre capable of handling the nuts and bolts of the music business (accounting, trends, forecasts) do you? Appoint him CEO of Apple and watch the stock tank.

Thinkdiff
MVM,
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY

Thinkdiff

MVM,

Exactly, this thread (and the articles that started getting passed around about this) are just laughable.

So now every perfectionist is the next Steve Jobs...
H_T_R_N (banned)
join:2011-12-06
Valencia, PA

1 recommendation

H_T_R_N (banned) to Mike

to Mike
said by Mike:

When I think of music, I sure as shit don't think of Eddie Cue.

When I think of music I sure as shit don't think of Andre Romelle Young.