All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
xthepeoplesx
join:2013-10-21

xthepeoplesx

Speed, ping?

So what speed are they going to offer? Is this the same as california's which gets 2-4mbps? Also what would the pings be like?

And what are the theoretical limits on white space broadband? I ask all this because I would like to have this available where I live where time warner wont provide internet over the lines they already ran.

TVWS tester
@68.70.255.x

TVWS tester

Anon

TVWS uses the same channelization as over the air broadcast TV, though with stricter limits on side bands and overall power. The theoretical limits are quite high, some manufacturers are running QAM over these channels just like a DOCSIS cable modem system and in many cases there are multiple channels available so bonding is an option though I have not found any hardware that supports it yet.

Theoretically you can get ~20 mbps for each channel at current modulation. If they're able to move to higher orders of QAM you could see as high as 37 mbps per channel, but I don't expect that to happen outside of lab conditions. Our testing is giving ~10 mbps in "normal" deployment conditions, ie 6 miles non-line of sight. Latency is similar to other wireless systems and is generally less than 50 msecs, though like all wireless systems its dependent on the quality of the connection.