uniqs

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26

Premium Member

[Homephone] Process to cancel an account as an executor of the estate

I'd rather not go through customer service so I am asking here first. Wondering if anyone knows the process off hand and where to send the required documents to close/cancel a Bell account in the event of the death. I am executor of the estate as well.

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

you'll probably need to send a copy of the death certificate for the account holder to Bell. They may be fussy and require an original, or a notarized copy instead of just a photocopy.

It may well be worth getting multiple copies of the cert. or go to a notary and get multiple copies notarized. The requrement for copies of death certs springs up sometimes in unlikely places.

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26

Premium Member

Good to know, thanks sbrook.

I really wish Bell put all of that on their website so I didn't have to dig around. I only saw one line in their terms of service which explained nothing.
btech805
join:2013-08-01
Canada

btech805

Agreed with sbrook, get a few copies, I know when a family member of mine passed we were surprised at the amount of copies required. Call up Bell and notify them of the death and they should provide a fax number or mailing address for the death certificate.