how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

byebye_cable

join:2010-01-14
Scarborough, ON

[Home Phone] Stop Sell in my area for YEARS NOW :(

I'd like to move to TSI home phone (resold Bell, not an IP phone) and have wanted to for years but there is a stop sell in my area.

Can anyone elaborate on why this is?? So tired of Bhell...

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·WIND Mobile
TekSavvy are only allowed to "poach" so many Bell customers per year ... and if they take on board too many the fines are significant. They apparently did poach too many a few years back and to not get fined they agreed to a stop sell. I don't know how long that stop sell will last until they can take on new customers.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
I'd say they won't offer this service again. It's been too long. IMO they should just stop offering the POTS service all together as it just causes confusion.

Plus they'd rather sell you TekTalk.
--

byebye_cable

Scarborough, ON
reply to sbrook
So it's a CONSPIRACY

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to sbrook
said by sbrook:

TekSavvy are only allowed to "poach" so many Bell customers per year ... and if they take on board too many the fines are significant. They apparently did poach too many a few years back and to not get fined they agreed to a stop sell. I don't know how long that stop sell will last until they can take on new customers.

You know, I'd almost agree if it was a direct Bell customer port... But the bullshit with not allowing prior Bell ported numbers that have been ported to other providers is just anti competitive crap. I don't know how much TSI tried or not to argue this particular clause.
--

sbrook
Premium,Mod
Ottawa
The problem is that they are a whitelabel reseller of Bell services, not a CLEC since that would require that they have their own phone interconnectivity networks.

If they were a CLEC then, yeah, it would be worth arguing.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
reply to sbrook
To add to your comment its not that we agreed to stop sell, its that we decided to put a stop sell to avoid reaching such a plateau.

Regards,

Andre

sbrook
Premium,Mod
Ottawa
So, since you've not approached that plateau now for several years, are you in a position that you might rescind the stop sell and keep a careful count so you don't reach the plateau? Presumably it's accounts per year?

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
TBH I have no idea on the exact details for the limitation before such things would change.

I do know that this topic is coming up quite a bit lately so I am sure it will be discussed at the executive level

dmbcanada

join:2009-06-01
Canada
If stop sell is in place for POTS and you are referring people to Tek Talk does that mean you will be getting more rate centres?

bryanviper

join:2002-10-12
Toronto, CAN
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to TSI Andre
said by TSI Andre:

TBH I have no idea on the exact details for the limitation before such things would change.

I do know that this topic is coming up quite a bit lately so I am sure it will be discussed at the executive level

Well when you guys figure it out, please let me know I'm ready to switch over my parents. The rates on bell are getting ridiculous.
--
»www.MaximumRepair.ca
Computer Repair/Upgrades In Toronto.

byebye_cable

Scarborough, ON
reply to TSI Andre
said by TSI Andre:

Is there anything at all you can tell me about my area..M1N 3M_?

Also, any way of being notified when the stop sell is lifted? Right now I'm asking ~ once/year.

The pricing structure for Bhell's offering is predictably dirty, I'm so tired of them.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
There isn't a mechanism to notify however I am sure it would be announced here.

alchav

join:2002-05-17
Saint George, UT
Reviews:
·ooma
reply to byebye_cable
said by byebye_cable:

I'd like to move to TSI home phone (resold Bell, not an IP phone) and have wanted to for years but there is a stop sell in my area.

Can anyone elaborate on why this is?? So tired of Bhell...

In order to find out why TSI was ordered to Stop Sell Home Phone, you have to know how this Home Phone works. If you say it's not an IP Phone, and you say it's resold Bell, what exactly does that mean? To me that means the Switch Equipment is still in the Bell Central Office, and TSI was given permission to sell Bell Phones. If this is the case then Bell can do what ever they want with their Phones, it's their Equipment.

Nagilum
Premium
join:2012-08-15
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to TSI Andre
said by TSI Andre:

Well if you do decide to offer this service again, add me to the "wait list".
--
"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." - John Gilmore, 1993

Mango
What router are you using?
Premium
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net
Reviews:
·AcroVoice
·Callcentric
·Anveo
reply to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

But the bullshit with not allowing prior Bell ported numbers that have been ported to other providers is just anti competitive crap.

The problem (for Bell) is that otherwise there would be a loophole of porting anywhere else, then porting to TekSavvy. Not saying I agree with this, just suggesting one possible reason why Bell isn't doing what you want.