Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to sbrook

Premium Member

to sbrook

Re: [Home Phone] Stop Sell in my area for YEARS NOW :(

said by sbrook:

TekSavvy are only allowed to "poach" so many Bell customers per year ... and if they take on board too many the fines are significant. They apparently did poach too many a few years back and to not get fined they agreed to a stop sell. I don't know how long that stop sell will last until they can take on new customers.

You know, I'd almost agree if it was a direct Bell customer port... But the bullshit with not allowing prior Bell ported numbers that have been ported to other providers is just anti competitive crap. I don't know how much TSI tried or not to argue this particular clause.

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

The problem is that they are a whitelabel reseller of Bell services, not a CLEC since that would require that they have their own phone interconnectivity networks.

If they were a CLEC then, yeah, it would be worth arguing.
Mango
Use DMZ and you get a kick in the dick.
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net

Mango to HiVolt

Premium Member

to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

But the bullshit with not allowing prior Bell ported numbers that have been ported to other providers is just anti competitive crap.

The problem (for Bell) is that otherwise there would be a loophole of porting anywhere else, then porting to TekSavvy. Not saying I agree with this, just suggesting one possible reason why Bell isn't doing what you want.