All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
wharfrat557
join:2013-02-05

wharfrat557

[Connectivity] DSL Optimizer

Every morning around or about 8am,its just like clock work my noise levels lower to about 2-4 and I lose the internet light on my Modem,the Dsl light also resyncs too every now and then.After lets say 1-2 hours it settles down and my SNR downstream levels are back to normal 13-16.Then again in the afternoon around 4-5pm the same thing happens.This is EVERY day of the week.A verizon tech has been to my house 2 times,clean all bridge taps out,I now have 3 brand new actiontech modems,My line was moved to other side of building in CO and nothing has fixed or helped.Im stumped does anyopne have any ideas.I had 3.0 service for 3-4 years without a problem,but since the optimizer nothing but probs.So is it possible the optimizer is the culprit.

I live in deal Island Maryland

pjsutton
join:2013-06-25
Kempton, PA

pjsutton

I stayed at a vacation home on Deal Island a few summers ago, and their DSL was also intermittent. Perhaps the lines are really old. I was even surprised to find they had DSL, despite being ~20 miles from Route 13.
wharfrat557
join:2013-02-05

wharfrat557

if the line was bad it wouild be off all different times,At 8 am and 4-5pm every day I lose my Internet light that doesnt sound like a bad line

tl9
join:2005-05-23
MA

tl9

I'd a similar problem when I first subscribed to DSL service. My line was picking up interference from a low-power local ethnic AM radio station, which I didn't even know existed, broadcasting about a mile away. Every weekday, 7AM until 5PM, the DSL service was slow and losing connection. Problem was finally resolved when I installed a home-run with CAT-5e cable using one of its shielded twisted-pairs. FYI...
LeslieHarney
join:2000-04-30
Brooklyn, NY

LeslieHarney to wharfrat557

to wharfrat557
Here read my post on the ASSIA optimizer ( or whatever optimizer they r using ).
»[Connectivity] SNR and the relationship to Downstream Speed