spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Kuro
@75.151.50.x

Kuro

Anon

Datacaps

I am in the Netflix/Prime group and I would really like to watch more of both but the 300 gig data threshold is holding me back. I went through about 60 gigs this weekend watching Orange is the New Black and Hannibal. I think Comcast is lying about my data usage but I don't have anything measuring it myself.

davidc502
join:2002-03-06
Mount Juliet, TN

davidc502

NOT one Byte should go against your CAP when streaming Netflix!!!! Not a BYTE!

Netflix already Pays Comcast to allow their content to stream into Comcast's network, and YOU pay to get the content from Netflix.

Comcast is getting paid twice for the video you streamed (Orange is the new Black).

There's shouldn't be one reason in hell why Comcast would put that streaming against your CAP.

That's total CRAPOLA!
Timmn
join:2000-04-23
Tinley Park, IL

Timmn

said by davidc502:

NOT one Byte should go against your CAP when streaming Netflix!!!! Not a BYTE!

When Comcast is the only game in town, they can do as they please.

Kuro
@75.151.50.x

Kuro to davidc502

Anon

to davidc502
I agree but there is nothing I can do about it unless I pay Comcast double what I pay them now for business class with no caps.
silbaco
Premium Member
join:2009-08-03
USA

2 edits

silbaco to davidc502

Premium Member

to davidc502
You do realize that would be the biggest violation of net neutrality yet. And it would be extremely anti-competitive for all other streaming services. I am sure Netflix would love nothing more than for this to happen. An even stronger monopoly over premium streaming video. Comcast would probably like this too. They would have a reason to justify rolling out lower caps or start a conversion over to real usage-based billing for general content, with unlimited "partner" content.

bigballer
@205.214.216.x

bigballer to Kuro

Anon

to Kuro
then here I go to starbucks (hello google wifi) and torrent the hell out of anything I need on netflix.

I'm sorry, but are "companies" trying to stop piracy or "indirectly" promote it.
silbaco
Premium Member
USA

silbaco

Premium Member

Only bad things are occur from abusing public wifi connections like that.

bigballer
@205.214.216.x

bigballer

Anon

let us americans netflix in peace then....

pumpkinhead7
join:2002-06-14
Clarksburg, WV

pumpkinhead7 to davidc502

to davidc502
I wish this was reddit so this could get upvoted all the way to the top. Comcast is screwing its customers and settings some pretty scary precidents and all the while convincing people its for their own good and that its all because their evil neighbor is being a bandwidth hog and clogging the tubes. I think they use the same PR firm that republicans do.
silbaco
Premium Member
USA

silbaco to bigballer

Premium Member

to bigballer
said by bigballer :

let us americans netflix in peace then....

So abuse public wifi and potentially cause them to restrict usage for every or cease offering public wifi, impacting countless ToS abiding people, because your personal Netflix experience at home sucks? What has America become....

bigballer
@205.214.216.x

bigballer

Anon

this isn't about my netflix experience being capped, it's about the concept of "limited" databucket internet due to the massive greed of ISPs.

But in reality, if Comcast ever starts implementing their 300 gb a month, here I go to comcast business. $70 a month, 15/3, better customer service, and possibly better, more reliable internet.

davidc502
Mount Juliet, TN

davidc502

I believe the 2007 TOS stated 250GB per month, and in 7 years it's only been raised 50GB. What does it mean?

Example -- Orange is the new Black, now served in 1080P at a bitrate of 5800kbps. If you do the math that's right around 2.4GigaBytes per episode X 13 = 31.2 GigaBytes for the season.

Keep in mind this is for just one show. This should show everyone how far behind the DataCap is.

One would assume many people will be going over the datacap and will have to pay for extra Bytes consumed.

MoMoney
@75.151.50.x

MoMoney to bigballer

Anon

to bigballer
And with that comes double the cost. I have 25/5 (Cant remember the up speed off hand) for $30. I could pay $70 for 15/3 which is about the same cost as capped 50/10. Comcast has brilliantly set it up so that they will always get more money no matter what.

davidc502
Mount Juliet, TN

davidc502

Large corporations are masters at marketing. No stone is left unturned when it comes to making a buck.