join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS

MVM

New modem

When I ordered a second account for myself, I was stuck with the rented Pace 4111N, which could not be bridged. At my mother's house, I exchanged the ZTE 831III, which she bought, with her old SBC-issue SpeedStream 4100, because the ADSL2+ modem didn't run any faster than the ADSL modem on a 9,156 foot loop. I brought the ZTE to my place.

I was planning to return the Pace 4111N, but when the ZTE died, I dug the Pace out of the closet, and tried bridging it again. This time it worked; a newer firmware version must have been pushed.

But I have spent enough in rent to have paid for two ADSL2+ modems by now. I have just put a new D-Link DSL-520B into operation, and am finally going to return the Pace.

I have located a FAQ from the defunct AT&T West forum about configuring a switch with dual-WAN router in order to see the modem stats through the router. My ASUS RT-AC66U can configure one of the Ethernet ports as a second WAN port, so as soon as I find the wall wart for the spare switch I will give it a spin.