tstolze to cloves69

Premium Member

to cloves69

Re: St. Louis 30Mb to 100Mb

soco
@75.132.42.x

soco

Anon

No upgrade yet in my oakville/soco area. What plan do I have to be on to get this free upgrade from 30 to 100 (i am still on a plan with my own modem).
Hitagain
join:2003-06-23
Saint Louis, MO

Hitagain

You have to be on the NPP. Us on the OPP don't get it. you have to upgrade to NPP and at the lowest tier will cost you 34 dollars more and you'll get less channels.
78036364 (banned)
join:2014-05-06
USA

78036364 (banned)

said by Hitagain:

You have to be on the NPP. Us on the OPP don't get it. you have to upgrade to NPP and at the lowest tier will cost you 34 dollars more and you'll get less channels.

You are way off on that.
Hitagain
Saint Louis, MO

Hitagain

Was on the phone wih charter for 2 hours spoke to 3 different people about it, this is exactly what they told me an OPP will and I don't even get the 29.99 for 12 months deal because I am an existing customer.
I guess thats what get for almost 20 years of Charter service at my home...
78036364 (banned)
USA

78036364 (banned)

said by Hitagain:

Was on the phone wih charter for 2 hours spoke to 3 different people about it, this is exactly what they told me an OPP will and I don't even get the 29.99 for 12 months deal because I am an existing customer.
I guess thats what get for almost 20 years of Charter service at my home...

A) new pricing is cheaper.

B) Promos are typically for new customers. Which part of that particular concept are you having trouble understanding? I'm 100% sure that when YOU were new and got a promo rate the number of shits you gave about getting a cheaper rate than older customers, was zero.
Hitagain
Saint Louis, MO

Hitagain

My current rate is 116.93 before taxes. Which started at 99.00 a month when I signed up.
If I want the 100 meg I have to upgrade to a 149.00. package.
How is that cheaper? Is that the new math they teach in school now days?
BoMarty
join:2001-02-01
Ballwin, MO

BoMarty

said by Hitagain:

My current rate is 116.93 before taxes. Which started at 99.00 a month when I signed up.

Are you talking business pricing? If not, the 100meg is same price as the 30meg in St Louis.
78036364 (banned)
USA

78036364 (banned) to Hitagain

to Hitagain
said by Hitagain:

I comparing old non promo pricing to new non promo pricing. It's called apples to apples comparison. I wouldn't know about the "new math" I graduated in 1987.
Hitagain
Saint Louis, MO

2 edits

Hitagain

said by 78036364:

said by Hitagain:

I comparing old non promo pricing to new non promo pricing. It's called apples to apples comparison. I wouldn't know about the "new math" I graduated in 1987.

When I signed up there was no promo pricing you had 3 levels of service. I chose the lowest it was 99 a month. it has increased to 116. so a non prome pice when I signed up was 99, if I want the 100 meg with almost with less channels and same telephone service it will cost 149. So how would this be a free upgrade? As I said Charter has told me I have to upgrade to a higher priced package to get the free upgrade. This is a test from my entry level package.
Last Result:
Download Speed: 18.2 Mbps (2.28 MB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 1.9 Mbps (0.24 MB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 9 ms
Jitter: 2 ms
6/19/2014, 10:48:18 AM
Alcaron6
join:2006-05-25
Saint Louis, MO

Alcaron6

Maybe we're having trouble with our "new math" or maybe we're having trouble caring past the attitude. But if you are getting, what, 16mbit now (don't remember what tiers they had back then, but practical 18mbit would be good for 16 or bad for 24), and would go to 100 for 33 more, and god only knows what changes with your video package (which btw, I don't think anyone here was trying to include old tv+internet bundles because that increases the complexity many fold, between digital and HD and blah blah blah, you may be getting less channels but more HD/digital or god only knows, not the point that was being made anyhow) all for $33...not the worst thing I've ever heard.

But potentially, yes, you very well may be 1% of the people who have plans so ancient that this will result in a price bump. Eventually that is just going to be inevitable, and if you have made it this long without it happening, I'm pretty surprised.
mdavej
join:2004-06-09
united state

mdavej

Maybe you just haven't talked to the right person yet. My old 12Mbps plan was $38 and my old TV package was around $80. My new 60Mbps plan (64 actually) is only $39 and my new TV package is only $60. Plus I gain a couple dozen premiums (HBO/MAX/SHO). So my costs went way down and what I got went way up.

I pay about $3/month for my Ooma phone service. I don't think Charter can touch that with any of their bundles. So cutting their phone service is one way to bring down costs, if they won't give you a better deal otherwise.
InTheKnow
join:2013-12-17

InTheKnow

said by mdavej:

Maybe you just haven't talked to the right person yet. My old 12Mbps plan was $38 and my old TV package was around $80. My new 60Mbps plan (64 actually) is only $39 and my new TV package is only $60. Plus I gain a couple dozen premiums (HBO/MAX/SHO). So my costs went way down and what I got went way up.

I pay about $3/month for my Ooma phone service. I don't think Charter can touch that with any of their bundles. So cutting their phone service is one way to bring down costs, if they won't give you a better deal otherwise.

Actually Charters Triple play is cheaper than the Double Play of video and internet. I think it's about a dollar cheaper per month.
Hitagain
Saint Louis, MO

Hitagain to Alcaron6

to Alcaron6

said by Hitagain:

Mr. Guy replied with this.

You are way off on that.

I come in and post about what the Charter rep said about OPP, then first reply was that, and I have an attitude. I would think a company would love to get all of us OPP moved to NPP. Just from the bookkeeping stand point. Why not a special pricing package for us to do that. All I started was posting what the charter rep said about OPP. Trust me I wont waste my time in here again.
78036364 (banned)
USA

78036364 (banned)

said by Hitagain:

said by Hitagain:

Mr. Guy replied with this.

You are way off on that.

I come in and post about what the Charter rep said about OPP, then first reply was that, and I have an attitude. I would think a company would love to get all of us OPP moved to NPP. Just from the bookkeeping stand point. Why not a special pricing package for us to do that. All I started was posting what the charter rep said about OPP. Trust me I wont waste my time in here again.

Listen if I had stayed on old pricing my bill would have been $178 with the taxes and fees included. It's now $158. So I'm saving $20 for the same package. Actually I get more because I get Showtime and NFL Network and a couple dozen other channels too. So yes new pricing is cheaper.