Search similar:

uniqs

why110
@71.246.102.x

why110

Anon

[Other] Advice needed: test & probe 110 block

Hi,

I came across some phone wiring where the demarc is a prewired 25 pair 110 block. All circuits are 2-wire.

How do I go about testing and probing a 110 block for phone? Never done this before.

Why didn't they use a 66 block? Why? Why?

Thanks in advance.

jeffmoss26
join:2002-07-22
Beachwood, OH

jeffmoss26

I wish I had an answer. I loathe 110 blocks.
You could get a 1 pair cord like this, plug the modular end into your toner and clip the 110 end onto your block.
»siemon.com/e-catalog/ECA ··· semblies
HELLFIRE
MVM
join:2009-11-25

HELLFIRE to why110

MVM

to why110
said by why110 :

How do I go about testing and probing a 110 block for phone?

I would think any telco / cable test kit worth their name and salt would be able to do this.
Fluke Networks would be the first name I can think of to look for said equipment.

My 00000010bits

Regards

why110
@67.86.29.x

why110

Anon

Thank you for your reply.

I have a Fluke Intellitone 200, and it doesn't come with any attachments to probe 110. I'd have to buy something.

Most of the time I do networking, only the occasional phone job. And I ain't never seen phone on a 110 before.

When I google "110 block test probe" and "110 block patch cable" the results vary wildly in price, with the former being way more expensive than the latter. I'm wondering if it's safe to probe a 110 with the patch cables, don't want to damage the block. I'd imagine the patch cables are designed to be semi permanent, whereas the probes are designed not to tread lightly on the contacts. True or true not?
why110

why110

Anon

... that should have read "whereas the probes are designed TO tread lightly on the contacts"
why110

why110

Anon

Anyone have first hand experience with probing 110? Thanks.

davidg
Good Bye My Friend
MVM
join:2002-06-15

davidg

MVM

does the 110 block have rj11/45 jacks? if so then just jack to them. if not, then on my butt set the leads have a bed of nails that mash lightly into the wire(I hate the ones with a single point). for my toner I just scrape the insulation back a bit so I can clip to bare wire.

BTW, 110 style blocks can be single point or have capability for parallel connections. if it has the ability to parallel wires then simply punch down a temporary wire to clip on.

why110
@71.255.65.x

why110

Anon

said by davidg:

does the 110 block have rj11/45 jacks? if so then just jack to them. if not, then on my butt set the leads have a bed of nails that mash lightly into the wire(I hate the ones with a single point). for my toner I just scrape the insulation back a bit so I can clip to bare wire.

BTW, 110 style blocks can be single point or have capability for parallel connections. if it has the ability to parallel wires then simply punch down a temporary wire to clip on.

Nope, the 110 block doesn't have jacks. It comes pre-wired, and it's got a 25 pair amphenol (?) connector on one side. I've seen many 66 blocks configured like this, but never a 110 block.

It does have two columns of 110 punchdown points for parallel connections. Some lines, both points are in use.

Another thing I don't have is a bed of nails.

davidg
Good Bye My Friend
MVM
join:2002-06-15

davidg

MVM

do you have access to a cable with the centronix plug on it? if so you can plug it up and not disrupt the circuits.

otherwise the only thing I can suggest, without seeing it, would be pull a pair and punch temp wires to test. or find the DT you need elsewhere then pop a tone on it and use the hound to sniff it out.

why110
@71.255.65.x

why110 to why110

Anon

to why110
this is what the damn thing looks like. Minus the part with our phone numbers, of course. the 25 pair connector is on the center right. It comes prewired with a 25 pair cable that feeds in from the back.

jeffmoss26
join:2002-07-22
Beachwood, OH

jeffmoss26

That is Krone, not 110.
They do make test adapters for Krone blocks.