uniqs

andyross
MVM
join:2003-05-04
Aurora, IL

andyross

MVM

Hope they do better than Comcast

Comcast supposedly has direct support, but it's been very intermittent the past few months. A check just now seems to show the last responses from Comcast are June 3.
elefante72
join:2010-12-03
East Amherst, NY

1 recommendation

elefante72

I think that is great. Keep up the good work! This will draw more users, and hopefully Cogeco ups it's cred by helping out customers.

IMHO it would be useful to have an "Amazon"--not ebay lipstick-like system where customers could rank things like response time, resolution, etc. JUST having a direct forum without inspection is a good start, but ultimately does not hold the vendors accountable in an open forum.

The platform is there with rankings...So would not be that difficult to extend and refine to just direct.

For instance I had used the direct forums to little success in both TWC and Verizon. Response was swift. So what--its the result that matters... I would rank the satisfaction of both very low. However who would know? So now I don't bother, I just mercilessly beat up the companies now by threatening to leave to actually get a reasonable level of service. I would rather not, but that is what I am left with.

battleop
join:2005-09-28

battleop to andyross

to andyross
I'm surprised they show up at all. I don't know eager I would be to go to a site who's top priority seems to be to bash providers.
elefante72
join:2010-12-03
East Amherst, NY

elefante72

Because it's good business, and if they can earn PR through good deeds and better customer service then everyone is better off. If they can "learn" from their toughest critics, satisfying the masses will be much easier.

They also know that people who come here are ones who people turn to make decisions on technology and hold lots of $$ weight. Personally I "steer" I won't say but LOTS of dollars in the companies and operators I deal with, and also almost every friend and family member.

While Karl definitely has an anti-operator bias and you know that coming in, if you look at the ISP ratings there are great providers and ones that rise to the top and some that sink. Some have almost universal praise, and some universal scorn. I might add it's probably well deserved.

Cable operators as a business entity are pretty much at the bottom of the bucket for quality and service because governments allow them to operate in quasi-monopolies. So bashing is deserved. That is a fact in monopoly behavior. However social media is changing that ostrich with the head in the sand mentality and they can't hide anymore. DSL is a beacon of light in that respect.
ssavoy
Premium Member
join:2007-08-16
Dallas, PA

ssavoy to andyross

Premium Member

to andyross
I posted there once and got a call 3 weeks later from them asking if the issue was resolved because "someone saw my post" there.
54761437 (banned)
join:2013-01-18
Durham, NC

54761437 (banned) to battleop

to battleop
said by battleop:

I'm surprised they show up at all. I don't know eager I would be to go to a site who's top priority seems to be to bash providers.

Bash providers? The truth hurts, I guess. Most ISPs have a reputation for shitty customer support. If they want to improve their image, it's their responsibility to do better, not the customer's responsibility to shut up.

battleop
join:2005-09-28

battleop

Yes, Bash providers. Even when a provider does something good it's not possible for the store to not lead with something negative.

If you see a Comcast tech save a life that story will include at least 2-3 references to something negative about Comcast.

PaulHikeS2
join:2003-03-06
Fitchburg, MA

PaulHikeS2

Very true. The next time I see a story that leads with something positive about Comcast that does not include a link to a story about the tech falling asleep or the hammer lady will be the first time.