share rss forum feed

angussf
Premium
join:2002-01-11
Tucson, AZ
kudos:4

2 recommendations

Flash Player 13.0.0.223

ActiveX and Plugin versions available for download from the Distribution page. No security bulletin yet.

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC
kudos:17

1 recommendation

Re: Flash Player 14.0.0.125

Announced : - >
»Re: Microsoft Security Bulletin Advance Notification - June 5, 2014

angussf
Premium
Tucson, AZ

2 recommendations

Looks like they patched 13 (to .223) and added 14.0.0.125 ...

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State

1 recommendation

reply to angussf

Re: Flash Player 13.0.0.223

»www.adobe.com/products/flashplay···on3.html

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5
reply to angussf

I just installed the plugin version. Adobe has the ActiveX version for IE. So, why the heck does Microsoft not yet have the IE 10/11 Windows 8 version available? Why are they so slow?
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

angussf
Premium
Tucson, AZ

1 recommendation

said by Mele20:

I just installed the plugin version. Adobe has the ActiveX version for IE. So, why the heck does Microsoft not yet have the IE 10/11 Windows 8 version available? Why are they so slow?

The patch will probably be released about 10 AM PDT (GMT -0700) along with the rest of the Windows Updates.

siljaline
Premium
Montreal, QC
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico
reply to angussf

said by angussf:

And how is that -- and why would Adobe do that?

GuruGuy

join:2002-12-16
Atlanta, GA

1 recommendation

said by siljaline:

said by angussf:

And how is that -- and why would Adobe do that?

A little further down on the download page:

Extended Support Release - Flash Player 13.0.0.223
What is the Extended Support Release?

Adobe makes available a version of Flash Player called the "Extended Support Release" (ESR) to organizations that prefer Flash Player stability over new functionality. We have created a branch of the Flash Player code that we keep up to date with all of the latest security updates, but none of the new features or bug fixes available in our current release branch. This allows organizations to ceritify and stay secure on Flash Player with minimal effort.

We recommend that companies focused on security and stability take a close look at this release option.

Attention: Please read for important changes regarding Flash Player 11.7

Beginning May 13, 2014 we have updated the version of our "Extended Support Release" from Flash Player 11.7 to Flash Player 13 for Mac and Windows. To continue to stay current with all available security updates, you will need to install the version 13 Extended Support Release or update to the most recent available release. For full details, please see this blog post:
--
GuruGuy

angussf
Premium
Tucson, AZ

3 recommendations

reply to angussf

Security Bulletin is out:

Adobe Security Bulletin
»helpx.adobe.com/security/product···-16.html

Parad0X787
"If U know neither the enemy nor yoursel
Premium
join:2013-09-17
Edmonton, AB
reply to siljaline

THX ....."Flash Player 14.0.0.125" is 6 hour ago out

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE
kudos:1
reply to angussf

I'm getting really tired of this garbage update every bloody week.

angussf
Premium
Tucson, AZ

3 recommendations

said by ZZZZZZZ:

I'm getting really tired of this garbage update every bloody week.

Then uninstall Flash Player. Most websites work fine without it, and since iOS devices don't support it all, many websites are converting from Flash to HTML5.

chachazz
Premium
join:2003-12-14
kudos:9
Reviews:
·TELUS
reply to angussf

said by angussf:

said by Mele20:

The patch will probably be released about 10 AM PDT (GMT -0700) along with the rest of the Windows Updates.

Yes, they were a bit slow to get the IE Flash Player files out.

Here's the Advisor page with download links

Update for vulnerabilities in Adobe Flash Player in Internet Explorer: June 10, 2014
»support.microsoft.com/kb/2966072

siljaline
Premium
Montreal, QC
reply to Parad0X787

Got mine as well

Mele20
Premium
Hilo, HI

1 recommendation

reply to chachazz

Click for full size
Thank you! I just installed it.

It would be nice if Microsoft could learn how to fully encrypt their "supposedly"encrypted pages. I LOVE how Pale Moon colors the address bar a bright red when the encrypted site is not fully encrypted. Fx and SeaMonkey should do this...but then Fx can't even be bothered to make it even the slightest bit obvious that you are on a problem page (at least Fx 24.5 ESR can't ....I don't know about the current release version). I cannot possibly miss the bright red address bar on Pale Moon.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

daveinpoway
Premium
join:2006-07-03
Poway, CA
kudos:2
reply to angussf

On my Mac, it tells me that NPAPI Plug-in 14.0.0.125 is installed and PPAPI Plug-in is not installed. Never saw this NPAPI/PPAPI notice before- must be something new.

The PPAPI Plug-in must somehow be associated with Abode Flash Player; I don't know why it did not get installed automatically when I updated to the latest version.

If I don't notice any issues because it is not installed, I won't worry about it. If I start to have problems, I will have to find out how to get the missing plug-in.

Mele20
Premium
Hilo, HI

PPAPI Plugin is a Chrome plugin used to run Flash on Chrome.

daveinpoway
Premium
join:2006-07-03
Poway, CA
kudos:2

Thank you. Since I never use Chrome, this plug-in would not appear to be important.

EdmundGerber

join:2010-01-04
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to antdude

Thank you for that link - much appreciated!

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON
kudos:10
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Start Communicat..

2 recommendations

reply to angussf

said by angussf:

Then uninstall Flash Player. Most websites work fine without it, and since iOS devices don't support it all, many websites are converting from Flash to HTML5.

This.

Mike
--
I've picked on Cogeco long enough. Who's next? Any volunteers?

Dustyn
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:11
reply to angussf

Thanks for the 14.x update

altermatt
Premium
join:2004-01-22
White Plains, NY
reply to angussf

Every Flash update, I have a devil of a time finding any update for Android systems; I think (?) they stopped offering them? Anyone know?
--
The truth of a thing is the feel of it, not the think of it. -- Stanley Kubrick

DownTheShore
Honoring The Captain
Premium
join:2003-12-02
Beautiful NJ
kudos:14
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL

AFAIK, they did stop supporting it. That's why certain Android browsers have Flash built in, because that's the only way to access the content.

»www.engadget.com/2012/06/28/adob···oid-4-1/

altermatt
Premium
White Plains, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

But that article says "Security updates and other vital patches will continue on for existing users." Which I am. I never got it from Google Play, but from some special link posted here.
--

Frederick

join:2012-10-14
reply to dillyhammer

This again.

amazingm
Premium
join:2001-07-16
USA
reply to altermatt

As Per: »www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplatfo···map.html , updates to mobile flash were only being provided until September 2013.

quote:
Mobile
Flash Player 11.1 is the last release of the Flash Player plug-in for mobile browsers. Adobe will not add support for new mobile device configurations (chipset, browser, OS version, etc.). Adobe will continue to provide critical bug fixes and security updates for existing device configurations through September 2013, and will also allow our source-code licensees to continue working on and releasing their own implementations.

(emphasis:mine)

altermatt
Premium
White Plains, NY

Thanks, amazingm, now I remember that. Still a lot of .swf out there, even with the move to HTML5.
--

Fickey
Terrorists target your backbone

join:2004-05-31

I think Adobe Air is supposedly a substitute for Flash on Android, but I'm no expert & have never installed it, so don't take my word for it.
»play.google.com/store/apps/detai···ir&hl=en
--
Government controlled healthcare? Name one thing government does efficiently and effectively! -sig since 2009

chachazz
Premium
join:2003-12-14
kudos:9
Reviews:
·TELUS

said by Fickey:

I think Adobe Air is supposedly a substitute for Flash on Android, but I'm no expert & have never installed it, so don't take my word for it.
»play.google.com/store/apps/detai···ir&hl=en

quote:
Adobe AIR is a cross-operating-system runtime that lets developers combine HTML, JavaScript, Adobe Flash® and Flex technologies, and ActionScript® to deploy rich Internet applications (RIAs) on a broad range of devices including desktop computers, netbooks, tablets, smartphones, and TVs. AIR allows developers to use familiar tools such as Adobe Dreamweaver®, Flash Builder®, Flash Catalyst®, Flash Professional, or any text editor to build their applications and easily deliver a single application installer that works across operating systems.
--
Gladiator Security Forum