All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Diverod
join:2013-06-04
Citra, FL

Diverod

Any advice for returning leased equipment?

Yesterday I cancelled my HN9000 account that I have had since 2010 due to lack of customer service.

I was told that I would receive a return kit 7 to 10 days after my billing cycle which ends on the 23rd and I would have 45 days to remove and return the modem, power cord and radio/transmitter.

As of last night the Hughes double-talk has already started:

Via email I have been told that the return kit would be here today and I now have only 20 days to return the equipment or face a $300 penalty. I was given a link to check my final invoice, but not unexpectedly, the link won't let me in to view it.

This new time frame is not the greatest for me after just having cataract surgery yesterday morning but I'll make it work somehow. I am too use to the lack of follow-thru with Hughes to request an extension. They would say "Yeah, sure" and then they would bill me the $300 because their employee didn't have the authority to grant an extension.

So, I am really looking for advice about navigating the Hughes double-talk to ensure I don't get charged the $300 penalty and then have to fight that battle to get it corrected. I just want Hughes to be over and done with.

Thanks to anyone with advice.

gwalk
Premium Member
join:2005-07-27
West Mich.

gwalk

Premium Member

First off, if you haven't already I would post in the Hughes Community:
»community.myhughesnet.co ··· t/topics
Doing so will create a record of your issue with the forum Mods. They are located in Germantown and are associated with the Hughes ECC department.
As such they can cut through the red tape.

On actual cancelations ... Hughes has the annoying habit of not canceling immediately but waits until the end of a current billing cycle before sending out "Return Kits" ... and then sometimes they need a push from the forum Mods to get it right.

When you do get the kit, save the tracking number ... returns HAVE been known to get "lost" in the warehouse.
Diverod
join:2013-06-04
Citra, FL

Diverod

Thanks gwalk. I had hoped not to post back there but now I must...

The package delivered today was not a return kit but a HN9000 modem and power supply. The UPS guy didn't ask for a sig (he never does because we live far out in the country) so I couldn't refuse delivery. I ask to stop all this yesterday afternoon but no one told me this shipment was coming.

Gawd, it's like pushing a bolder with a D-9 cat that you can't get to budge so you quit and then it starts to roll on it's own and the D-9 is to slow to get in front of it!

gwalk
Premium Member
join:2005-07-27
West Mich.

gwalk

Premium Member

I seen your post over there, that should be clear enough for even a Hughes employee to understand.

Just document everything ... I think I would even print out the post and any replies over there as things have been known to go "POOF".

And Good Luck !.

james1979
Premium Member
join:2012-10-09
Quinault, WA

james1979 to gwalk

Premium Member

to gwalk
said by gwalk:

On actual cancelations ... Hughes has the annoying habit of not canceling immediately but waits until the end of a current billing cycle before sending out "Return Kits"
returns HAVE been known to get "lost" in the warehouse.

I now remember your advice on either here or the "community" to demand an immediate cancellation if that is what is desired. I forgot about that when I canceled my Gen4 service. I would say that it took around 6 weeks from the time that I called to cancel for the return kit to arrive.

I did track the package with UPS, and it did arrive at the warehouse. Now I am going to check my credit card statement to see if the kit got "lost in the warehouse", so thanks for that info.