spc
uniqs
elefante72
join:2010-12-03
East Amherst, NY

elefante72 to biochemistry

to biochemistry

Re: Forum

That's incorrect and I have 50/25. In fact outside of homegrown Netflix outages, I have never had a sustainable issue. Youtube was junky until I went to HTML5, but that was saturated flash CDN. Google fixe that some months ago.

Have been getting SuperHD for some time. I also don't have buffering issues. My netflix comes from DC (Level3) intercon and has for over a year. My other platforms (Amazon, HBOGO, Vevo, Youtube, etc) have gotten notably faster in the last month to stream on, so it looks like connections have been getting better.
bsangs
join:2002-08-21
Montclair, NJ

bsangs

Ditto. I'm in the Northeast with FiOS and never have a problem streaming Netflix, sometimes multiple streams at once, and get Super HD every time. Doesn't matter the time of day either. My friends and neighbors in my area with FiOS report the same thing.

cableties
Premium Member
join:2005-01-27

cableties to elefante72

Premium Member

to elefante72
I've had some issue with Netflix SuperHD but I think its the content (new orange is the new black episodes...) being viewed by many.
Just like HBOGo and titles like GoT on Sunday, or True Detectives finale, the traffic is greater than the load can handle, not the bandwidth to/from.

But Xbox Live still blows..on a 50/25...and that could be their proxy, not Verizon FiOS.

Still... I am getting annoyed at the finger pointing. Anyone with 300/150 having issues? THAT would be the ultimate... ("you got a C7 Stingray and you can't go faster than the traffic? Tsk...)
elefante72
join:2010-12-03
East Amherst, NY

elefante72

+1

...I stopped using my Xbox for anything outside of WMC and cancelled all my XBG memberships because of streaming issues and MSFT bounty on eliminating XBG family. Replaced w/ Roku and refurb Logitech remotes. Couldn't be happier.

Even the new "free" streaming from MSFT cannot repair--to me--how they tried to screw everyone w/ XB1. I won't be buying one EVER... I won't forget and AM voting...

nothing00
join:2001-06-10
Centereach, NY

2 recommendations

nothing00 to cableties

to cableties
said by cableties:

Anyone with 300/150 having issues? THAT would be the ultimate...

Yes, I had 300/150 and couldn't stream Netflix above 288/384 resolution. I downgraded my package because Verizon simply wasn't delivering and there was no way I was being that much of a sucker.

Now that I've downgraded my Netflix experience hasn't changed one bit. Paying a huge premium for speedy provisioning simply doesn't matter if Verizon won't provide fast links outside their network.
jjeffeory
jjeffeory
join:2002-12-04
Bloomington, IN

jjeffeory to elefante72

to elefante72
I had FiOS in Northern Virginia and could get SuperHD on a 50/25 connection, but I would also get buffering issues.

Same thing with FiOS in Southern California.

Youtube was terrible in NoVa. Youtube has been just fine in SoCal.
jjeffeory

jjeffeory to elefante72

to elefante72
Me too. Got a WiiU and PS4. Love the PS4 Netflix app. Like the WiiU Netflix app. no Xone for me. Sorry MSFT, you screwed up and I will not forget!