All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
kb0nly
join:2003-07-25
Tyler, MN

kb0nly

[MN] Mediacom Speed Increase Email, Different Than Planned??

So i got this email today from Mediacom..

Great news! Your always faster Internet just got a whole lot faster.

We have increased the speed of your Mediacom always faster Internet service! You now have download speeds up to 150 Mbps and upload speeds up to 10 Mbps!

More speed means you can do more online with more devices at the same time than ever. Streaming HD movies and TV shows, extreme gaming, downloading music, updating blogs…all in record time and without delays.

This latest speed increase is part of our commitment to make our service a fast and reliable experience for you and bring to you products and services that enhance your Mediacom experience at every level.

Sincerely,

Mediacom Customer Service

... Now i am a little confused here, they said the 150 plan was supposed to get 20mb up, but now all the service announcements going out are saying 10mb upstream. So is this being done in stages or did they decide not to increase the upstream now??

DSMIA
@216.248.89.x

DSMIA

Anon

I just got the same message. I was about to call up, but I'm basically paying 50/10 so technically i'm supposed to be getting 105/10 - dont want them to cap me. I'm curious to know what's going on as well.
GLIMMER
join:2004-01-17
Fisher, IL

1 recommendation

GLIMMER

your already capped what the heck are you talking about. Everyone has been capped on the res side.
GLIMMER

GLIMMER to kb0nly

to kb0nly
Important Service Announcement

Dear Eric ,

We want to share some exciting news about your Mediacom always faster Internet service. Beginning in early June, you will see significant increases in your Internet speeds, at no additional cost to you!

The chart below indicates the upcoming improvements to Mediacom’s download and upload speed levels:

Current New

Prime Plus 30 Mbps/2 Mbps 50 Mbps/ 5 Mbps
Ultra 50 Mbps/5 Mbps 100 Mbps/10 Mbps
Ultra Plus* 105 Mbps/10 Mbps 150 Mbps/20 Mbps

* Will be phased in across most markets throughout the summer.

More speed means you can do more online with more devices than ever. Extreme gaming, streaming HD movies and TV shows, downloading music, updating blogs…all in record time and without delays.

This latest speed enhancement is our eighth such upgrade, and, along with the recently launched 305 Mbps tier in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, underscores Mediacom’s long-term commitment to continually deliver Internet service that is among the fastest in the nation. In addition to a fast Internet service, we understand reliability is critically important to you. That is why we continue to invest in more back up fiber network routes and stand by power supplies to guard against power outages and fiber cuts.

At Mediacom our focus is on you, the customer. As part of this commitment, we have launched our “power to simplify” initiative to enhance your Mediacom experience at every level. From innovative video, voice and Internet products to friendly and accessible customer service, we are committed to being the company you can trust to provide the products and services that connect you to the world.

We appreciate your business and thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you.

Sincerely,

Tapan Dandnaik,
SVP, Customer Service
Mediacom
kb0nly
Tyler, MN

kb0nly

Here is the email i just got, it clearly shows 150/10 not 150/20..

Important Service Announcement
Dear Scott D Lichtsinn,

Great news! Your always faster Internet just got a whole lot faster.

We have increased the speed of your Mediacom always faster Internet service! You now have download speeds up to 150 Mbps and upload speeds up to 10 Mbps!

More speed means you can do more online with more devices at the same time than ever. Streaming HD movies and TV shows, extreme gaming, downloading music, updating blogs%u2026all in record time and without delays.

This latest speed increase is part of our commitment to make our service a fast and reliable experience for you and bring to you products and services that enhance your Mediacom experience at every level.

Sincerely,

Mediacom Customer Service

Boss302_1970
join:2009-12-11

Boss302_1970

I have been watching and waiting for the 20 up and it has yet to be implemented. i sure hope they give us the 20 up.
Boss302_1970

Boss302_1970

I just got the same email saying up to 10 up, what gives with that? can't they keep their word? i was really looking forward to the 20 up, the extra down doesn't mean anything to me. what a letdown

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad to kb0nly

Premium Member

to kb0nly
Our download speeds have increased to the speeds advertised. The upstream speed increase will happen once the cable bonding process has been completed. This should be rolled out over the next few months.

DSMIA
@216.248.89.x

DSMIA

Anon

Thanks for clarification MediacomChad. I think marketing needs to exclude upstream speed until things are done or at least say that the process will complete in a few months.

The email I got sounds like everything's done and that 150/10 is the final result.

motoman
join:2006-03-21
Arcola, IN

motoman to MediacomChad

to MediacomChad
said by MediacomChad:

Our download speeds have increased to the speeds advertised.

Not here they haven't, is this for select locals or all of MC's network?
Gambler416
join:2013-09-29

Gambler416 to kb0nly

to kb0nly
I reset my modem and I didn't get any change! I am in southern illinois
austinmm6
join:2010-11-13
New Market, AL

austinmm6 to kb0nly

to kb0nly
Still getting only around 105 in 35761. No changes after rebooting the modem.

The Beer
I Love It When A Plan Comes Together
Premium Member
join:2001-07-24
Lincoln, NE

The Beer to kb0nly

Premium Member

to kb0nly
Got the email rebooted the modem. Nothing here any faster... in fact it was a little slower today. Could be the kids are home watching Netflix on 10 TV's. 50022

I hope everyone else getting upgrades does not slow down my fast lane. At one time there were only 4 people in town had the 105 package and I knew every one of them
rewrite
join:2011-06-15
Baldwin City, KS

rewrite

said by The Beer:

I hope everyone else getting upgrades does not slow down my fast lane.

hahaha yeah, I was thinking the same thing
SemperFi78
join:2011-03-04
Marion, IA

SemperFi78 to The Beer

to The Beer
said by The Beer:

Got the email rebooted the modem. Nothing here any faster... in fact it was a little slower today. Could be the kids are home watching Netflix on 10 TV's. 50022

I hope everyone else getting upgrades does not slow down my fast lane. At one time there were only 4 people in town had the 105 package and I knew every one of them

I'm in ur cables, using all yur bandwidths.
mertz67
join:2006-09-07
Davenport, IA

mertz67 to kb0nly

to kb0nly
I was on 50/5 and it did actually upgrade me properly close to 100/10

»www.speedtest.net/my-res ··· 55713415

Guess for once in a decade they gave me what they promised

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad to kb0nly

Premium Member

to kb0nly
Hello motoman See Profile Gambler416 See Profile austinmm6 See Profile The Beer See Profile

If you're not receiving the proper level of service for the plan you're subscribed to please send me an IM with your account or phone # and the MAC ID of the modem you're using. If I already have your account information the MAC ID will be sufficient. Once I have your individual account information I can look into any possible causes. Signals, provisioning, bonding etc etc. If possible, please provide a brief description of the problem or a link to this topic so I can just jump right into the troubleshooting process.

Thanks!
kb0nly
Tyler, MN

kb0nly

Chad,

I already sent you a PM about this as well, you should have my info but if you don't just let me know.

I have had the 105 service for some time now, so i figured i would jump to 150 but after three modem reboots nothing. I even got the email saying i should have 150 now but i still don't.

I talked to a few others here in my town that are on the 30 and 50 plans, none of them have jumped either, tried rebooting the modem of one customer on the 50 plan this afternoon, three reboots and still stuck around 47-49 on the speedtests. They should be at 100 now.

Maybe it hasnt taken place here yet in MN, zip 56178??
kb0nly

kb0nly to Boss302_1970

to Boss302_1970
Upstream is really important to me as well. Funny thing is i can do a video conference call right now and the video coming from the other participant is very good but my video to them throttles back in quality and sometimes skips. The upstream is just too dang slow. We are no longer in the days of old where we need huge downstream pipes and small upstream, i need both of them to be significant!

I am doing an upload to the cloud right now to test overall throughput, i am only getting around 710kbps upstream, or in other words roughly 5.68mbps if my math in my head is correct.

The Beer
I Love It When A Plan Comes Together
Premium Member
join:2001-07-24
Lincoln, NE

The Beer to kb0nly

Premium Member

to kb0nly
MediacomChad See Profile I am not losing sleep over this at all. I am totally fine with my 105/whatever just not seeing a "boost" over what it was before. My modem is only showing 4 channels, don't know if that matters.

It's plenty fast and reliable. Price is right where I think it's fair (Until my next "deal" runs out)

I am very happy with my Mediacom service. Just stop sending me stupid "Get our phone service!" letters every other day and I would be absolutely as happy as could be.

RageFrost
join:2005-04-09
Rock Island, IL

RageFrost to kb0nly

to kb0nly
I had Mediacom for 30 years now and it seems that any time they do an upgrade something breaks. ever since I got that first email that they were doing the upgrade and I got that upgrade that night internet been dragging high ping times and weird stuff going on.

sent Chad an IM hope he see's the problem I trust him more then I trust the tech coming to the house tomorrow lol...
kb0nly
Tyler, MN

kb0nly to The Beer

to The Beer
I agree... the phone advertisements in the mail every week has gotten old. LOL.. But i understand why they are doing it. Actually in my town Mediacom is taking a lot of phone customers from our overpriced Frontier. They charge $29.95 a month for a basic phone line, what a rip!
kb0nly

kb0nly to RageFrost

to RageFrost
I have noticed that to, the day i got the email saying i should now be 150/10 was also the day the speed tanked here. Throughput is just horrible, especially on the upstream side. My backup to the cloud is taking twice as long as normal and i do that around 2am when traffic is normally very light. They haven't bumped me up to the higher speed either which is od, i have been 105/10 for a while now and was expecting 150/20, but so far nothing.
kb0nly

kb0nly to MediacomChad

to MediacomChad
Any updates Chad? I see you haven't replied to my PM either. Maybe it's my town that hasn't gotten upgraded?
drumnj
join:2010-05-13
Plymouth, MI

drumnj to kb0nly

to kb0nly
I too have suffered issues the day it was supposed to increase, as stated by MediacomChad. My modem would keep dropping signal every couple of hours, so my internet would constantly cut out while the modem reestablished connection. I called up CS (both types) and residential CS said they didn't even see the modem on the network, even though I was using the internet. Business CS said that, ya it looks like it's getting around 80% up-time, and pretty much said good luck...bye. So phone reps aren't very helpful.

Not to mention my lack of obtaining the 105 down-speed since the previous speed increase, back at the end of August last year. I've mentioned this to CS reps before and they said they'll do a log of my service and get back to me; never happens (this was multiple times). So I just have to deal with it. For the most part been getting 75-85 down since the change from 50. When I was on the 50 down tier I was consistently getting 55 down every day, I know this because I have Sam Knows.

Here's a log showing my history since May/June 2012:

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad to kb0nly

Premium Member

to kb0nly
kb0nly See Profile Sorry about missing your PM. It was just the wrong list that got messaged about the 105->150 changeover. It's actually going to be per market. It looks like we'll be able to get the Flandreau market turned up and ready by mid-July. We'll shoot you a corrected e-mail when it's ready to launch in your area.
MediacomChad

MediacomChad to drumnj

Premium Member

to drumnj
drumnj See Profile Your market should tentatively be ready later this month, barring any unforeseen circumstances. We'll send you an updated e-mail as soon as it's ready to go! As far as your other issue with the modem constantly resetting, I'm already looking into it for you. I'll followup with you in our PM! Talk to you soon!
kb0nly
Tyler, MN

kb0nly to MediacomChad

to MediacomChad
Ahh ok... Good to hear. I kinda figured it must not be ready here because nobody is getting bumped up yet.

Thanks!

swank1
Never Trust A Monkey
Premium Member
join:2003-02-24
Des Moines, IA

swank1 to MediacomChad

Premium Member

to MediacomChad
Chad - How close are you to Des Moines being bumped up (50320)? I am at 105 and 10 currently. Thanks!

Jeff

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

swank1 See Profile That market should tentatively be ready near the end of June or early July, barring any unforeseen circumstances. An email will go out to the area when it is completed! If you have any other questions feel free to let me know!