join:2005-07-01
Palm Springs, CA
Hitron EN2251
Nest H2D

1 edit

fuziwuzi

Premium Member

[CustSvc] I'm disgusted with Comcast

I'm so disgusted with Comcast, I'm about ready to tell them to KMA and cut the whole thing off. I called about another issue (the constantly blinking US light on my 5341J modem). No resolve on that one. I asked about crediting me for the lost service I recently experienced (and called about) and was switched over to the "retention" department. The lady there said that since I have Comcast TV as well as the internet, for the price I'm paying I am supposed to be getting the 50Mbps internet service. I assured her that I was not, I'm only getting 25. She tried to connect me to tech support in order to "fix the issue", but that line was constantly busy, so she told me to try myself later.

I call tech support and I'm told "you only get 25, that's all you get". I explained what the person in "retention" told me and again I'm told "you only get 25, if you want higher speed you will have to pay an additional $25 per month".

I'm so sick of getting jerked around by Comcast, with one person telling me one thing, another telling me something completely different. And they wonder why they're so hated?

graysonf
MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf

MVM

The blinking US light on the 5341J does not effect performance in any way so long as you do have channel bonding. Ignore it.
Bink
Villains... knock off all that evil
join:2006-05-14
Colorado

Bink to fuziwuzi

to fuziwuzi
Welcome to Comcast—where they are running 10^8 different promotions every hour and no one has a clue as to WTF is going on. I call them every other month to resolve billing and subscription issues that should have been resolved the prior month. The other ISP in my area has very slow speeds so I’m SOL.

iNick
Premium Member
join:2012-12-11
Joliet, IL

iNick

Premium Member

I am with you also only thing beside Comcast is AT&T UVerse, but I just got offered Blast! with phone service for $50 a month. Plus I just called "1 888-228-0063" who got me the free extreme 105 upgrade

FureverFurry
RIP Daphne: 3/12/05 - 6/19/12
Premium Member
join:2012-02-20
49xxx
Zoom 5341J
ARRIS WBM760
Vonage VDV-21

FureverFurry to fuziwuzi

Premium Member

to fuziwuzi
said by fuziwuzi:

I call tech support and I'm told "you only get 25, that's all you get". I explained what the person in "retention" told me and again I'm told "you only get 25, if you want higher speed you will have to pay an additional $25 per month".

FWIW, the speed tier with Billing AND the tech side have to match, and you have to have the correct boot file on your cable-modem.

A couple of years ago, Retention put me on a Blast promo -- but neglected to pass that along to the tech side. After many, many calls (!!!), it turned out that the tech side never got the "Blast" notice (per se) and still had the performance boot file on my modem.

Good luck. It seems that accountability at CC is less than stellar. (Yeah, there are some good agents but ....)
GTFan
join:2004-12-03
Austell, GA

GTFan to fuziwuzi

to fuziwuzi
fuzi I'm in the ATL as well and just got the free 50mb upgrade in the last couple of weeks (I'm on the Vinings headend) with the Preferred double play package. I don't pay for Blast. So, maybe it will show up soon for you as well.