andyross
MVM
join:2003-05-04
Aurora, IL

andyross to dp

MVM

to dp

Re: Microsoft Security Advisory Notification Issued: June 10, 2014

My 32-bit Win7 did do a double-reboot. It hit 100% on the first reboot, then did a shutdown and reboot.

Also, I noticed that KB2952664 update appeared again, even though I have been trying to keep it hidden.

StuartMW
Premium Member
join:2000-08-06

1 edit

1 recommendation

StuartMW

Premium Member

I've no idea if this is normal, a bug, or what. My Win7 x64 system appears to be working normally and as I posted above I can't see anything obvious that anything is amiss.

Perhaps Microsoft will post something about it--in a week or a month.

PS: Error message when you try to install updates from the Windows Update or Microsoft Update Web site: "0x8024000B" as I found in the WindowsUpdate.log file.
85160670 (banned)
"If U know neither the enemy nor yoursel
join:2013-09-17
Edmonton, AB

1 edit

85160670 (banned)

Just found this "Task sequence fails in Configuration Manager if software updates require multiple restarts" ...... but could NOT find fails in Configuration Manager [ »support.microsoft.com/kb/2894518 ] !!! Do NOT panic,we will find way out

StyxKee
join:2001-07-05
GTA, Canada

StyxKee to andyross

to andyross
said by andyross:

Also, I noticed that KB2952664 update appeared again, even though I have been trying to keep it hidden.

I realised that KB2952664 was installed (like you, I had hidden this patch previously) after my firewall popping up outbound access for the 2 executable files. Blocked and then deleted the patch from my system. MS should really place this patch as optional, instead of important.