spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Okie0030
@129.15.159.x

Okie0030

Anon

[Fixed] Help with solar point to point relay

Hi. I'm a rural wireless ISP user who is currently getting poor service because of trees surrounding my house. I recently had my service provide out to my property, and he identified a spot in my pasture about 400 feet from my house where the wifi reception would be much better. So I have decided to set up a point to point relay from this location to get signal to my house. There is no electrical service near the location in the pasture, so I'm looking into doing a solar/battery system to power the hardware. My problem is that I cannot figure out how much power to budget for. I've asked my service provider for the specs on his WISP radio-so I hope that an average wattage rating for that is forthcoming. But I cannot get a good power consumption estimate for the point to point transceiver. What I'm planning to use is this: RB/SXT5nDr2 - MikroTik SXT Lite5 - 5GHz CPE with 16dBi Dual-Polarity Antenna. Anybody got an average current or wattage rating for it. All I can find is a max wattage, which is 7 or 8 watts depending on what source you use. Also, if anyone knows of a website that documents a similar solar-powered point-to-point relay station, I'd be interested in knowing about it.