Search similar:

uniqs

shinjuru

join:2000-10-29
West Coast

shinjuru

[Game] Doom 4 Reveal

Via Rock, Paper, Shotgun.

Apparently, Doom 4 will also just be known as Doom.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· R5UzhcZA

For supposed leaked Doom 4 screen shots, checkout »Doom 4 Leaks

Rogue Wolf
An Easy Draw of a Sad Few
join:2003-08-12
Troy, NY

Rogue Wolf

I've been hearing that this is supposed to be a return to Doom's roots. If that's the case, I wonder why they spent so much time on such a detailed model when we're going to be too busy sidestrafing like a maniac while feeding rockets to it to notice.

TRU
join:2005-07-21
Michigan

2 edits

TRU to shinjuru

to shinjuru

Original Cyberdemon in Doom I

Click for full size
Cyberdemon boss in Doom III
Doom. This is a game that has frankly been a long time coming. I'm surprised it hasn't been utilized more. Just the name "Doom" is a huge cash cow and will always likely be. I might have actually been one of the few people who actually liked Doom 3 when it came out. Many did not.

PS: Oh, and that ugly, ugly monster in the video is the Cyberdemon. He was the last boss in the original Doom game. If I remember right... we fought him at the end of the Doom 3 as well.

Question: Is there any way to have pictures/attachments load below your posts instead of above?

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

I loved Doom 3!

Cat5
join:2013-04-26

Cat5

said by Krisnatharok:

I loved Doom 3!

I've still not started it.

hitachi369
Embrace Your Rights
Premium Member
join:2001-10-03
Cincinnati, OH
(Software) pfSense
Switches Trash Bin
Ubiquiti UniFi AP

hitachi369 to TRU

Premium Member

to TRU
said by TRU:

Question: Is there any way to have pictures/attachments load below your posts instead of above?

Yes, use the [att=1], where the number is the upload slot.

example

Rogue Wolf
Troy, NY

Rogue Wolf to Cat5

to Cat5
If you come at Doom 3 expecting classic Doom run-and-gun action, you're going to be extremely disappointed. If you come at it expecting tension and suspense... well, you might end up disappointed too. That said, it's not a bad game by most measures, and there were a few spots where they really nailed the atmosphere.

For anyone who's already finished the game: I made a rebalancing mod for it a long while back, and I see that someone else has updated it with some bug fixes and other fun stuff. Have a look! »doom3.filefront.com/file ··· l;111059

TRU
join:2005-07-21
Michigan

TRU to hitachi369

to hitachi369
said by hitachi369:

said by TRU:

Yes, use the , where the number is the upload slot.

Thanks brother! I'll have to try that next time.
TRU

TRU to Rogue Wolf

to Rogue Wolf
I haven't touched Doom 3 in quite some time though I must admit. I wonder if the game still holds its own and looks decent enough to warrant playing through it again. I just don't know how the game looks after all this time or if it's aged gracefully.

It didn't take long for me at all to find my copy. Just alittle rummaging through some stuff and I have it right here (the good ol' days of physically **gasp!** holding/owning a copy of the game). Just don't know if it's worth the time or if I'm just peering through the good ol' nostalgia glasses with this one.

Rogue Wolf
Troy, NY

Rogue Wolf

Well, the thing is that you've got a game that you can run with every last bell and whistle engaged on a modern card and you're probably not going to see a bit of slowdown.

As far as graphic fidelity... the human characters are pretty dated by now, but you won't be seeing much of them. The textures are sort of blah as well (unless someone's put out a high-quality pack that I'm not aware of). But where the game really shines is in the lighting department, and if you can appreciate the atmosphere id Software created with lights and shadows then it just might be worth firing up again.