Premium Member
join:2001-08-18
Frisco, TX

1 recommendation

banditws6 to Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

to Alpha Phoenix

Re: Destiny - looks like a hit

Once you do some of the story missions, you will open up the level 4 "Explore Cosmodrome" mission on Earth. This drops you into the Cosmodrome environment where the story missions take place, except it will let you roam around, pick up little side missions, farm for glimmer and engram drops, and just practice killing aliens. It's a large open area, and enemies will continually respawn in these areas so you can keep grinding endlessly if you like.

Public events will also occur at certain intervals in these areas. When they do, if you join in, you can earn some nice rewards. If you complete a public event with a Gold Tier rating, the next time you visit the Tower, the postmaster will have a reward for you. When you claim it, a random upgradeable weapon in your inventory will receive an upgrade. So if you want to pick and choose which weapon gets the upgrade, put the rest in your vault before you pick up your reward.

There is a particular area in the Explore Cosmodrome environment where the Fallen and Hive will get into a huge battle with each other twice during each "day" in the in-game day/night cycle. When this happens, a ridiculous amount of enemies will begin spawning. It becomes highly dangerous, but also is a good time to farm for glimmer because you will be getting lots of "yellow health bar" enemies who reward you with glimmer when killed. In this area, a loot chest also spawns repeatedly in a random location, so if you figure out those locations, you can keep cycling around and opening it to gain about 130-150 glimmer each time.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

Niiice! Thanks! I'm going to go and check that out when I get home from work later today.

Jehu
Premium Member
join:2002-09-13
MA

Jehu to justin

Premium Member

to justin
I dont see the what is the big deal about this game. It is very pretty and polished, but so booooring.

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

1 edit

2 recommendations

TheBionic

Premium Member

Huh. I don't find it boring at all. I'm really looking forward to release. Different strokes I guess.

So what was the permanent bonus for signing on today? I played through the moon level, got the dead ghost at the end of it that I ultimately traded for a pretty cool shotgun that adds ammo to its magazine when you make a kill with it. I had people over IRL so had to log off after I got that...was the gun the permanent item or did I miss something?

EDIT: Nevermind,found the answer:

Everyone who makes an appearance will earn a nameplate to help you prove that you were there when the record for concurrent players was set before the launch of the game. It will help you to be a rare and unique snowflake when Destiny launches in September.

»www.thesixthaxis.com/201 ··· rewards/

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

And so it ends...

monchis
Premium Member
join:2002-12-09

monchis to TheBionic

Premium Member

to TheBionic
said by TheBionic:

Huh. I don't find it boring at all. I'm really looking forward to release. Different strokes I guess.

So what was the permanent bonus for signing on today? I played through the moon level, got the dead ghost at the end of it that I ultimately traded for a pretty cool shotgun that adds ammo to its magazine when you make a kill with it. I had people over IRL so had to log off after I got that...was the gun the permanent item or did I miss something?

EDIT: Nevermind,found the answer:

Everyone who makes an appearance will earn a nameplate to help you prove that you were there when the record for concurrent players was set before the launch of the game. It will help you to be a rare and unique snowflake when Destiny launches in September.

»www.thesixthaxis.com/201 ··· rewards/

I trust you considering how you kept your foot down on ESO. I enjoyed ESO too...unfortunately no time to play anymore.

I think I will force myself to play this game, there won't be a monthly sub correct? I had to cancel ESO.

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

I had to cancel ESO as well for the same reason. Couldn't justify the sub only getting to play once a week for a few hours. No this one won't have a sub. It's pretty ambitious for a shooter, looking forward to seeing the final product.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix to justin

Premium Member

to justin
Watch "New Destiny Gameplay Launch Trailer!"

»youtu.be/awDKF433of0
Alpha Phoenix

Alpha Phoenix to justin

Premium Member

to justin
Which character class in Destiny do you think is the best, and why?

Destiny Character Classes

Titan: »m.ign.com/wikis/destiny/Titan

Warlock: »m.ign.com/wikis/destiny/Warlock

Hunter: »m.ign.com/wikis/destiny/Hunter
clawfury
join:2012-02-14
Rochester, MI

clawfury to TheBionic

to TheBionic
You know, I fell in love with this after E3 last year. It was the BIG reason I even bought a PS4 (that, and the now delayed Tom Clancy game). I was very excited for the beta. When I got into it - I was massively disappointed. The graphics are beautiful, in a mid-range current generation sort of way, and the art is well done in Bungie fashion. The shooting controls are responsive. It was just....boring. Horribly boring. The mini bosses just wandered in circles, the AI was horrid. There was vast beautiful barren landscapes - with nothing much to do in them except follow the arrow to objective B, shooting a few things along the way. It just felt dead, and empty. Not like an MMO at all - and definitely without (to me) the charm of Halo from a shooter perspective. It all just feels too much like an on rails arcade game. You can choose to go to point A, or point B, or point C - but no sense of immersion or wandering an un-interrupted world. I won't even be fulfilling my pre-order at this point.

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

Fair point, and I can see where you'd get that, but what we played in beta was a couple of story missions, one raid that was far from boring IMO but were easy compared to some MMO raids, and one multiplayer mode. I did all that then moved to another class and did it again, and it was a ton of fun for me.

I think what impresses me about this game is the character customization, which is really ambitious for a console shooter. I think it will go beyond say, a Borderlands, and up the ante in the console MMO genre. Of course 6 months in there are going to be optimum character builds, there always are, but I personally can't wait to check out the rest of the content with my toon.
said by Alpha Phoenix:

Which character class in Destiny do you think is the best, and why?

To answer Alpha's question I tried the Titan and the Warlock. I'll be going Titan specializing in defense and the hand cannon, at least at first. Such a fun play style. I'm not sure how viable that will be in PVP but it wrecked in PVE. Five shots five headless badguys lol.
Mystic95Z
join:2005-05-10
Orlando, FL

Mystic95Z to justin

to justin
This will be the game that finally makes me take the plunge and get a XBone... This + Master Chief collection == good times.

cbrigante2
Wait til Next Year
Premium Member
join:2002-11-22
North Aurora, IL

1 recommendation

cbrigante2

Premium Member

Just in case you missed it, the PS4 does have exclusive content for a while in Destiny:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· -3oXiZyU

If you were locked in on the Halo stuff, then it doesn't matter I guess.

BigSensFan
Premium Member
join:2003-07-16
Belle River, ON

1 recommendation

BigSensFan

Premium Member

said by cbrigante2:

Just in case you missed it, the PS4 does have exclusive content for a while in Destiny:
(youtube clip)
you were locked in on the Halo stuff, then it doesn't matter I guess.

Timed exclusive should never make a person buy one console over the other (IMO)

True exclusives however would be a huge deciding factor
BigSensFan

1 recommendation

BigSensFan to justin

Premium Member

to justin
check out »www.destinyplanetview.com/

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

Wow! Now that's a pretty damned cool site!

Bungie is really going all out with the marketing/advertising, and PR for this game!

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
join:2002-03-30
Pennsylvania

onebadmofo to BigSensFan

Premium Member

to BigSensFan
]

Umm...nothing happens except for a speaker icon laid over a satellite view, with audio-type animation coming from it. No sound, nothing to click.

cbrigante2
Wait til Next Year
Premium Member
North Aurora, IL

cbrigante2

Premium Member

You have to give it more time to load. It took mine a while on my old, low memory iMac.

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
Pennsylvania

onebadmofo

Premium Member

said by cbrigante2:

You have to give it more time to load. It took mine a while on my old, low memory iMac.

I'm on a 2012 macbook pro, 16GB of RAM, at work with no restrictions to my connection. Aaaaaand nothing.

cbrigante2
Wait til Next Year
Premium Member
North Aurora, IL

cbrigante2

Premium Member

I just tested it on my Windows 7 laptop. Chrome seems to hang on it. In latest version of IE it works. Might be flash plug in related?

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
Pennsylvania

onebadmofo to justin

Premium Member

to justin
Meh, its ok...not important.

cbrigante2
Wait til Next Year
Premium Member
North Aurora, IL

cbrigante2

Premium Member

Agreed. It's nice they did something but I don't need the badge that bad!

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

What badge?

cbrigante2
Wait til Next Year
Premium Member
North Aurora, IL

cbrigante2

Premium Member

If you explore it all you get a code for an in game emblem

banditws6
Shrinking Time and Distance
Premium Member
Frisco, TX

banditws6 to justin

Premium Member

to justin
Speaking of codes, if any of you had previously redeemed the 17 Destiny codes for Grimoire cards, those codes have now gained "Use Now" buttons in your Bungie.net profile area. It seems to do nothing right now, but I think the act of hitting the button officially activates the cards on your account.

Additionally, Bungie has turned off all the clan features on Bungie.net until launch day (9/9). If you were in a clan during the beta, you will have to come back and click "Set as my clan" again once 9/9 rolls around. And before you can do that, the clan admin will have to reactivate the group as a clan again. It's just like what we went through when the beta launched, basically.

I'm representing Dads of Destiny PS4 Alpha squad. (Er...at least I was before the latest wipe!)

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

said by banditws6:

I'm representing Dads of Destiny PS4 Alpha squad.

I actually just read about that earlier today in an article in Forbes! »www.forbes.com/sites/ins ··· n-hands/

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

Just read that article, and guess I'll have to skip a bunch of the raid content. I don't know 4 other people IRL with PS4s (I know exactly 1). I'm not the kind of guy who spends a lot of time raiding in MMOs anyway. I'll level through the content, see the story, maybe do some PVP, and move on to another game. Sucks to not have the option to join a PUG and give it a whirl though.

banditws6
Shrinking Time and Distance
Premium Member
Frisco, TX

1 recommendation

banditws6 to Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

to Alpha Phoenix
Yeah, I found that article yesterday too. It helped catapult our group roster over 5,000 members! DeeJ did a community spotlight on us a couple weeks back, too. It's funny because I found the group when they were approaching 200 members and thought their mission statement looked perfect for me. Apparently a lot of other guys agreed.

Due to clan limits we've got seven PS4 sub-clans (Alpha - Grizzly) in the alliance, it's pretty nuts. I hear DeeJ hinted that clan limit would be raised from 75 to 100 at launch, though.
said by TheBionic:

Just read that article, and guess I'll have to skip a bunch of the raid content. I don't know 4 other people IRL with PS4s (I know exactly 1).

I know exactly zero! This is where the DoD clan is gonna help me out...

cbrigante2
Wait til Next Year
Premium Member
North Aurora, IL

cbrigante2

Premium Member

I guess I'm lucky. I have at least 5 on my friends list who are getting it.
Mystic95Z
join:2005-05-10
Orlando, FL

Mystic95Z to justin

to justin
Woo hoo looks like I'll be getting Destiny for free....

»majornelson.com/2014/09/ ··· me-free/