Search similar:

uniqs
Soldier78
join:2013-01-14
Belleville, NJ

Soldier78 to Alpha Phoenix

to Alpha Phoenix

Re: Destiny - looks like a hit

Not a Lock but I have to say when Sunsingers pop their cooldowns and my whole group gets grenade spams it just becomes a beautiful thing
Soldier78

Soldier78 to justin

to justin
To what you guys were saying about the different ammo types, I tend to have a sniper and a fusion of each type for different situations and have convinced my friends to do the same.

cableties
Premium Member
join:2005-01-27

cableties to justin

Premium Member

to justin
Sorry to be a lurker and early on, I was psyched for this game, but the honeymoon is over And thanks, some of the info here has helped much!
(I'm at Level 27..Titan).

I had much hope for the game, but with the last two patches (really? delay spawn because someone found a way to waster time farming a cave!) have made the game a less-than-expectation. (I like it, just hoped for what was originally promised).

That bit of grumpy said, a few questions:

-Has anyone else experienced bounty (Queen's to kill 3 fallen walkers) issues where you have the public event, destroy the walker dropped in the Cosmodrome, and it not register? I found this happened to me after I got the 1st one, then farmed around for other bounties/missions on Cosmodrome area (headshots, precision kills, Fallen bounties) until a second Public Event with the walker and it wouldn't register when several of us in game defeated the walker. Note: a speed run straight to the Devil Walker area DID count for me, but not my fire team buddy. WTF?

-I'm level 20 (+7light) for 27. Weapons are never higher than level 20 but ALL I find now are green and a few blue. And if I go get a legendary, its for "a different" character (I just found that I can store it if I choose to become warlock later).
Still, I need the ever-scarce Shards from some and I don't see them as much.
Something that I found frustrating on Borderlands was that you had a much powerful enemy and if you DID kill the boss, it dropped your level or lower loot.

-I am finding it hard to deal with the 100vanguard mark limit for a week. I can play a few missions, get bounties and now... I have to wait more till I can get enough credits for my level 3 Vanguard Titan to get a better weapon (and do that 2x more to get all weapons slots filled with Legendary weapons to get an achievement..woop). Yes, I have all legendary armor...you have to for being higher than level 23 light, right?

-I don't play Crucible (likely won't) and I tried the Vault of Glass (OMG... they are serious? Who has 5 other comparable or better coordinated friends that OWN Destiny? wanna be my friend? and can you spare 5 hours on a Sat? without interruption and patience for dealing with my $%@#&! tourrettes ?

-about other players, the enemy now doesn't spawn as quickly so I am noticing with a crowd, players hogging kills (I witnessed two players, circling the play area and just mowing down Dregs as they spawned in, not giving a lower level player any opportunity. I thought: I have to record this... there isn't opportunity...and I watched a player come up and start smacking me after I was scoped in to pick off a few..he was, um, not successfully killing. Hey, I was helping!). Guilty!

So not playing Crucible or certain Events, will this prevent me from certain items?

(ok, YOU might like and enjoy MP PvP. I and others like me do not. IMHO, I like cooperation games and team work against AI or solving a puzzle together. I'm beyond the teabagging and kill-your-neighbor fun. (trust me, I had years of enjoying Invisible Rockets on Bloodgulch)).

-Chests. They used to spawn alot (in various areas) and now, did they up the timers on that too?

I still get disconnects (Elk, baboon, etc...) and I know my router, NAT and firewall are all good. Plus I am running symmetric 50Mbs w/o any other traffic, packet test ~32ms to nearest server node per OOKLA. So this is at Bungie/Activision's end.

BigSensFan
Premium Member
join:2003-07-16
Belle River, ON

1 recommendation

BigSensFan

Premium Member

I was wondering why my fallen walkers were not registering as well. Then I read this

»www.reddit.com/r/Destiny ··· walkers/

Get close to it as it is about to die

cbrigante2
Wait til Next Year
Premium Member
join:2002-11-22
North Aurora, IL

cbrigante2 to cableties

Premium Member

to cableties
said by cableties:

I still get disconnects (Elk, baboon, etc...) and I know my router, NAT and firewall are all good. Plus I am running symmetric 50Mbs w/o any other traffic, packet test ~32ms to nearest server node per OOKLA. So this is at Bungie/Activision's end.

I still get disconnects as well...while my PSN party connection is still up. It's TOTALLY on Bungie/Activision's end.

monchis
Premium Member
join:2002-12-09

monchis to justin

Premium Member

to justin
Can someone please share where the weekend merchant is located?

BigSensFan
Premium Member
join:2003-07-16
Belle River, ON

BigSensFan

Premium Member

In the tower by the class vanguard characters (i.e. the warlock vanguard down the stairs by the bounty guy)

He is in that room

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT

Subaru to justin

Premium Member

to justin
I'm sorry but as a person who does not have this game it seems confusing big time.. I don't understand does it play like halo? What is the goal?

Hazy Arc
join:2006-04-10
Greenwood, SC

1 recommendation

Hazy Arc to justin

to justin
My thoughts on this game in a nutshell.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· youtu.be

cableties
Premium Member

cableties to BigSensFan

Premium Member

to BigSensFan
OMG! That works! WTF Bungie...
cableties

cableties to monchis

Premium Member

to monchis
Apparently he appears in random areas (look for the spots with yellow crates). And that Xur shows up ONLY on weekends (2am Sat morning to 2am Sun PST... some say 9am PST but all I know is that I am not on during the weekend as much... who thinks of this dope??)

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
join:2002-03-30
Pennsylvania

1 recommendation

onebadmofo to Subaru

Premium Member

to Subaru
said by Subaru:

I'm sorry but as a person who does not have this game it seems confusing big time.. I don't understand does it play like halo? What is the goal?

Never played Halo. I don't have this game either. I only played the Beta of this game and it was fun. But it seems that, this game is too involved for me to get into. In other words, it seems like it takes a lot of time invested in it to only get very little rewards.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT

Subaru

Premium Member

I got the beta but I was never able to log on it would always say not signed into PSN but I was.. funny how it told me the servers were down when the beta was over.. so after that I had no desire to play it.. It's one thing if I was able to demo it, but I'm not going to spend $60 + tax and find out I hate it..

and I doubt this game will ever be a demo

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic to justin

Premium Member

to justin
said by Subaru:

I have it and like it quite a bit but there's really never been anything like it on consoles which adds a lot to the confusion. It's a grindy, gear-focused MMO with really good and addictive FPS mechanics but not much in the way of social interaction. The honest trailer above is pretty honest. The goal once you get to level 20 is to grind to get better gear to increase your light level to the point you can participate in the ultra-hardcore raids to get even BETTER gear...and so it goes. You can also focus on PVP in the same way.

I have been playing Shadow of Mordor so I haven't touched this in about a week but am sure I'll get back to it sooner or later. I don't have enough free time to really get into it hardcore but it's a lot of fun.

monchis
Premium Member
join:2002-12-09

1 recommendation

monchis to Subaru

Premium Member

to Subaru
I think you can buy it at GameStop used, and return it by the 7th day...

cableties
Premium Member

cableties

Premium Member

If your public library rents out games, I saw someone posting a picture of Destiny being available.
cableties

cableties to BigSensFan

Premium Member

to BigSensFan
That works. Confirmed it lastnight with buddy that it never registered. I jumped on top the walker and danced as it exploded.
He was close by and got the kill. There was a patch lastnight. And 10 minutes of play into strike with 2 others, I got booted with "baboon". Fortunately, I was able to get back in and join the fireteam to defeat enemy on Mars.
Also. I noticed that it hasn't been a week, but my Vanguard credits are reset so I am up to 122credits and can get up to 222credits total (and buy a legendary weapon). If on this weekend, I might look for Xur and see about Exotic armor...(I've 29 strange coins...)

banditws6
Shrinking Time and Distance
Premium Member
join:2001-08-18
Frisco, TX

banditws6

Premium Member

said by cableties:

Also. I noticed that it hasn't been a week, but my Vanguard credits are reset so I am up to 122credits and can get up to 222credits total (and buy a legendary weapon).

Vanguard / Crucible mark caps reset on Tuesdays (yesterday), so that might explain it.

Grimm
join:2011-05-23

1 recommendation

Grimm to cableties

to cableties
Be careful. You can only hold a maximum of 200 Crucible and 200 Vanguard marks at any one time. So if you are about to hit that cap, your weekly cap allows you to earn more, and you have nothing crazy you want to buy, just buy a chest piece and dismantle it for shards or whatever.

cableties
Premium Member

2 recommendations

cableties

Premium Member

Thanks. I got to 150 lastnight and added a legendary scout rifle.

I found this site with some helpful (and OMG... you have to do WHAT to get an exotic bounty..?)... tips.. (I was looking up info on exotic bounties... dumb me removed one as it wanted me to survive 5 strikes without dying...well ... we know how that worked out)

»www.tentonhammer.com/pro ··· e-portal

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix to justin

Premium Member

to justin
My enthusiasm to actually pick this game up and play it has severely waned. I've never been into MMO, or RPG games, so the constant grinding is just an aspect that I absolutely hate.

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
join:2002-03-30
Pennsylvania

onebadmofo

Premium Member

said by Alpha Phoenix:

My enthusiasm to actually pick this game up and play it has severely waned. I've never been into MMO, or RPG games, so the constant grinding is just an aspect that I absolutely hate.

Yeah man, that's how I feel.

cableties
Premium Member

cableties to Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

to Alpha Phoenix
I hear ya.
I finally accepted a random invite from some players to do the Raid on Vault of Glass.
2.5hrs later, we didn't complete and bailed:
-some of us had to eat dinner
-this is utter ridiculous play..Bungie-Activision can seriously, go fornicate themselves, and I doubt the reward is worth the average 3-6 hours to invest in a single level with 5 friends/strangers. You cannot do it without atleast 5 others, that are leveled high with equipment and you have atleast 2 titans, hunters and warlocks. And time. Lots of it. Might need a new controller after...
-one player had been successful and was very helpful in how to play/get through the areas
-another player (male, late teens) was so annoying and authorative, I wanted to mute but he had tips I would need to put up with the (OMG! OMG! OMG! What are you doing??? NO NO NO! You are gonna die. You just killed us all!!!! (the youngest sounding teen player, surprisingly a girl, had the best manners and actually completed the raid before)

There is a Forbes article about the statistics (here we go, because its no longer a game of fun, its a game of profit) »www.forbes.com/sites/ins ··· ss-raid/

So 1.9Million attempted the Vault of glass on normal, but only .4 million completed it. That is about 20%... not 50%..not 75%... but almost 1/5 of the players that attempted the Vault raid succeeded.

Tell us what did the get Johnny: Well not much as you need to be playing it on HARD mode to get any exotic or great legendary junk.

(I think the writer at Forbes also failed to throw in the frequent and random disconnects "elf", "baboon", "hawk", "bee", "caterpillar", "centipede", "beaver", "canary", "groundhog"... )

Anyone wants to do the Raid, this is nifty PDF I found as an unhealthy guide... »jammerware.blob.core.win ··· /vog.pdf

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008

Premium Member

The Vault Of Glass isn't really that hard (on normal difficulty) once the players are sufficiently leveled up, but it does take a fair amount of cooperation and some problem solving.
I played it with 2 guys I knew and 3 guys I didn't, but three of them had completed it before and knew the right tactics to get through it. It took us maybe 5 hours the first night and 1 hour the next day. Most of that time was spent on the platform sections and the final boss battle, which requires a lot of teamwork (I was on the "home" team, which was easier than being on the "away" team). Two of the players were level 29, the rest were 26 or higher.

Grimm

Grimm

Yea seriously VoG isn't that bad with communication and a little research. Our second run through last week took us literally 1.5 hours from start to finish. Raid day again tonight. Hopefully I get something worthwhile lol

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008

Premium Member

Yeah.
But I hate that to get to level 30 you have to equip Raid Gear. I didn't get any the first time through and I don't think I'll be going through it again. I'll stay at 29 for a while.

Grimm

Grimm

While I understand the reasoning, unless you are going to be doing the raid on hard, there is no real reason to get to 30. It doesn't really affect any current content, minus the raid.

There a reason you don't think you'll do it again? Time? Others to raid with?

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
Far Rockaway, NY

1 recommendation

Rook008

Premium Member

Time, mostly. Committing 2 or 3 hours to play a game with 5 other people seems like a lot, especially since I finished it already.
Plus, like you said, there's no real reason to other than doing it again, but on hard.

Karl Bode
News Guy
join:2000-03-02

Karl Bode

News Guy

Does vault of glass offer any benefits you can't get from a variety of other sources (daily heroics, weekly nightfalls, etc)? I lack the time or patience for it (wary of stories like the user's above where I waste several hours being yelled at by a twelve year old).

Grimm

Grimm to Rook008

to Rook008
That's a legitimate enough reason. I guess it's easier for me since I've got a solid group of 10-15 close gaming friends online at any given time and most are still playing destiny with atleast a level 25+ character. We know when to get serious and when to joke around and that makes it all the more smooth and fun. Constant communication is great too and while frustrating sometimes, no one goes off the handle if anyone else screws up. Just this week we had to bring in a newbie since we were missing someone. He made a bunch of mistakes but with a little coaching he had it down in a few tries (namely the portal fiasco at Atheon which can get confusing).