join:2001-06-24
Webster, NY
·Frontier FiberOp..

2 recommendations

Racerbob to chachazz

Premium Member

to chachazz

Re: [Firefox] Firefox 30

I came very close last night to just dumping FF completely. As they continue to tinker under the hood, they are causing issues with other stuff such as add ons.

I think more and more that there is a Pale Moon in my future. Spending more time using it right now.

howardfine
join:2002-08-09
Saint Louis, MO

howardfine

said by Racerbob:

As they continue to tinker under the hood, they are causing issues with other stuff such as add ons.

The problem is the add ons, not Firefox. Add on developers get plenty of notice for what's coming down the pike. From what I read, almost every one of those add ons failed because the developer didn't do something as simple as change the version number. A lot of those guys build those things and forget about them until they receive a notice that their throwaway email box is filled up with complaints that their add on doesn't work anymore.

anonomeX
@71.207.157.x

anonomeX to Racerbob

Anon

to Racerbob
Add-on devs failing to keep up with the latest releases of their "base platform"? ...sounds familiar. But, yeah, Mozilla should just stop all development while everyone else "catches up" ...that'll work. (I guess we're using different add-ons, 'cause I'm not having any problems at all.)

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

1 recommendation

Davesnothere to Racerbob

Premium Member

to Racerbob
said by Racerbob:

I came very close last night to just dumping FF completely.

As they continue to tinker under the hood, they are causing issues with other stuff such as add ons.

I think more and more that there is a Pale Moon in my future.

Spending more time using it right now.

Me too.

Either that or a Sea Monkey.

Mayhaps both.

capdjq
Be Kind, Be Calm & Be Safe
Premium Member
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver

capdjq

Premium Member

Pale Moon is a good Browser but, except for the emblem, I really don't see any difference to FF. Its like using FF 28.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

2 edits

3 recommendations

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by capdjq:

Pale Moon is a good Browser but, except for the emblem, I really don't see any difference to FF.

Its like using FF 28.

Give that person a CIGAR !

That's EXACTLY why so many of us are growing to LIKE Pale Moon !

It's not requiring us to learn over again how to do something which we already know how to do, and unlike FireFox, Pale Moon is not forcing us to bend over and ASSume the position, without any lube.

Pale Moon has publicly promised to not use the newer FF UI (newer than version 28 or version 24.x ESR), but will keep adding the security updates as they are issued, which additionally proves that it is possible to do so.