spc
uniqs

Tobin
join:2003-09-21
Burlingame, CA

Tobin to shmee

to shmee

Re: [X1-X2] Xfinity X1 now available to New Customers

You will get either a Pace or Arris XG1 DVR by default. Additional boxes will be Pace RNG150Ns.

shmee
join:2005-04-03
Phoenixville, PA

shmee

said by Tobin:

You will get either a Pace or Arris XG1 DVR by default. Additional boxes will be Pace RNG150Ns.

Even if I request just HD non-dvr boxes at the time of signup, they'll still give me dvr capable boxes? Will they have dvr functionality disabled at the software level then?

Tobin
join:2003-09-21
Burlingame, CA

Tobin

I don't think they'll let you order X1 without the XG1 DVR as your first box. Even if you could, there's pretty much no reason to request the HD-only RNG150Ns unless you negotiate a lower monthly rate. Some people are able to negotiate the HD-only boxes to $5/mo while others have been able to get them for free.
hedbert
join:2008-12-04
Saint Paul, MN

hedbert

said by Tobin:

I don't think they'll let you order X1 without the XG1 DVR as your first box. Even if you could, there's pretty much no reason to request the HD-only RNG150Ns unless you negotiate a lower monthly rate. Some people are able to negotiate the HD-only boxes to $5/mo while others have been able to get them for free.

I was told I could swap into a non DVR X1 at no additional cost minus the install fee, and even that I was able to get lowered.
hedbert

hedbert

said by hedbert:

I was told I could swap into a non DVR X1 at no additional cost minus the install fee, and even that I was able to get lowered.

Now we will see what hardware they give me as my install is today!