BryanInPHX
Premium Member
join:2001-03-06
Phoenix, AZ

BryanInPHX to bigwhitehonk

Premium Member

to bigwhitehonk

Re: [AZ] All cox users turn on your routers traffic monitor

The traffic monitor on my ASUS RT-N66U router is very, very close to the usage reported by the Cox Data Meter.

Xferlimits
@96.44.145.x

Xferlimits

Anon

I wonder who has the most overage here this month? Who's up to the challenge? I'm currently at 1,007.40 GB used on a 300 GB data cap. I figure I should take advantage now, because they will inevitably start enforcing the caps as their cable TV revenues continue to dwindle.
jimc115
join:2007-07-21
Surprise, AZ

jimc115

As of today's email, I'm up to 1201 GB on a 400 GB cap....I'd love to know where I'm storing it all.
Maltz
join:2011-01-08
Fayetteville, AR
Calix 844G
Netgate SG-2100
Ubiquiti U6-LR

Maltz

1.2TB and you have no idea what you're using it for? Yeah, something isn't right there. Surely someone's either running some uncapped torrents or you've got a machine infected with a botnet. I don't see how even a heavily streaming-reliant family watching HD could get that high. Especially if your billing cycle isn't near its end.

Jeffinkenner
@72.200.24.x

Jeffinkenner to jimc115

Anon

to jimc115
Try scanning your pcs or laptops. I'd change router SSID and password, and make sure it's not broadcasting.

Norton NPE

»security.symantec.com/nb ··· npe.aspx

Malwarebytes

»www.malwarebytes.org/
jimc115
join:2007-07-21
Surprise, AZ

jimc115

I'm fully aware on how to keep my network safe and how to use anti-virus software....Cox reminds me by e-mail three to four times a month.....I use on average about 500 GB a month until Cox "FIXED" there data meters. My Router also agrees with what my average usages has always been. And, no there are no torrents at all or infected computers.

I've complained at least 10 times to a Cox Rep....each time am told not to worry about it....so guess what..I DON'T ANYMORE!

Mr_Anon_Name
@174.64.187.x

Mr_Anon_Name to BryanInPHX

Anon

to BryanInPHX
I have the N56U and Cox is reporting 100GB more than the router. Before, the meter was broken and didn't report a thing. Now its over reporting. If I start seeing those mails, I'm going to lodge a complaint every time with the evidence to back it up. And if they don't stop then I'll start seeking legal options. I refuse to be had by the system.