All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
k9iua6
join:2004-05-23
Dubuque, IA

k9iua6

[Cable TV] [DBQ] The new Family channels (FXX, etc.) - anyone seeing them yet?

This post pertains likely just to folks in my market area (Dubuque, Iowa). According to Mediacom channel listings, we are supposed to have Fox Sports 1, FXX, and even the Sundance channel now in the Family tier as of the end of May. The MC channel listing web page indicates that a customer needs a digital adapter (DTA) or other cable set-top-box to view these additions, as they won't be ClearQAM like the other Family channels.

As of last night, I'm not seeing them. I have Family cable and DTAs. The DTA knows the name of the channel when you first turn to it, but also displays that message that I am not authorized to see them. I even dialed in to have an automatic hit sent to my DTAs, but that didn't change anything.

So three questions - are these channels actually there yet? And is a Family subscription indeed all you need? And is anyone with just the little DTA able to see these (or are their notes wrong and you really need a full-fledged DVR or STB)?

Mostly just curious (although I would like to see what's on the Sundance channel).

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Hello k9iua6,

I've taken a look over your area and I can see these channels were added to the Family TV lineup and should be available with your Mediacom digital adapters. I've sent a few signals over to your boxes to see if a refresh will help pick up the new lineup. Keep me updated and if you continue to not receive these channels I would be happy to further troubleshoot this with you.
k9iua6
join:2004-05-23
Dubuque, IA

k9iua6

Chad, whatever codes you sent did the trick. I checked all the DTAs in the house, and they all can now see these new channels. I am assuming that because these new channels are encrypted (not available through the Digital-ready/openQAM Family package), that additional codes were necessary to unlock the encryption. Apparently the "normal" hit sequence available through Mediacom's telephone-based activation process for DTAs is not sufficient.

Thank you!

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

That is great to hear! You are very welcome!

brook5584
@173.24.119.x

brook5584

Anon

I live in the Lake Minnetonka area of Minnesota and I get the same message for the National Geographic Channel, FXX, and the Sundance Channel. Am I able to receive these channels with a DTA?

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Yes brook5584, you should be able to receive those channels with a Mediacom DTA. Is this not working for you? If not, please PM me with your telephone# or account# and I can look into this for you.