Chatham, ON

2 edits

ShawnS to toro

Premium Member

to toro

Re: Considering leaving Teksavvy133;

Hello Taraban,

Thank you for your post.

I apologize for all of the inconvenience that you have experienced.

I have looked into this and I see that you are on the Grandfathered 18/0.512 package. The upgrade to 25/2 is not something that is done automatically. This type of change needs to be requested. I unfortunately do not see any request to upgrade speed on your account. I would be happy to submit a speed change for you. This will need to be done prior to June 15th.

Our accounting team has made arrangements with you to pay the outstanding balance therefore this should be settled. You may still receive automated notices for a past due balance.

We will be assisting you further in the »/fo ··· avdirect Forum.

Thank you,
Shawn S
Taraban
join:2008-11-01
North York, ON

Taraban

said by ShawnS:

The upgrade to 25/2 is not something that is done automatically.

Looks like it can be done only after posting a complain.
said by ShawnS:

our account. I would be happy to submit a speed change for you. This will need to be done prior to June 15th.

Our accounting team has made arrangements with you to pay the outstanding balance therefore this should be settled.

That what I believed. However, it's not.
said by ShawnS:

You may still receive automated notices for a past due balance.

Have anybody inform me that I can disregard the threatening messages? What about telephone calls? is that a robot have called me to request the payment?
said by ShawnS:

We will be assisting you further in the »/fo ··· avdirect Forum

Realy? Now I got your attention.
onlinejunkie
Premium Member
join:2002-10-26
Orleans, ON

onlinejunkie

Premium Member

"the contacted person is a complete idiot or absolutely no respect to a client."

and you are coming off so genuine....

when did you so-call request a upgrade to your service, I am assuming u did it and then didn't want to call them back because you knew that the bill was 4 months behind and didn't want to "disturb the nest" and now that its owed you come out waving your hands like someone shot your dog.

nice

ShawnS
Business Solutions Agent
Premium Member
join:2012-11-22
Chatham, ON

ShawnS to Taraban

Premium Member

to Taraban
Hello Taraban,

Thank you for your kind reply.
said by Taraban:

Looks like it can be done only after posting a complain.

I'll take care of the speed change for you.
said by Taraban:

That what I believed. However, it's not.

If you feel that you need clarification or additional time, our accounting team is more than willing to accommodate your payment arrangements. We can send invoices up to 28 days in advance if requested.

I am assisting you in the Direct forum from now on.
I hope that we both come out of this very happy .

Regards,
Shawn S
jdoe71
join:2008-02-07
L0L0L0

5 recommendations

jdoe71

You, Sir, deserve a medal. Member of The Order of Patience at least.
Expand your moderator at work
Sunfox
join:2003-12-14
Stouffville

Sunfox to ShawnS

to ShawnS

Re: Considering leaving Teksavvy133;

The one thing I will comment on... is that if a newer and faster TSI package comes out for the same price, and the customer can support that package with no additional fees (ie. the modem is compatible), there really should be some sort of automatic transition. Although, I guess that DOES depend on whether Rogers would charge for such a speed change.

For example, I've been thinking of 45/4 unlimited customers currently paying $99.95, when the new 60/10 unlimited package is going to be $94.95. If no automated upgrade occurs, I can see those users being ticked off to learn that they've been paying more for less.

It's even worse for 150/10 to 150/15 unlimited - if you don't change those grandfathered users over (and I can't imagine there are many), they'll be paying $100 more per month! Imagine being a customer and a year later learning about that!

needsomehelp
join:2014-02-07
Canada

needsomehelp

That's true. But at the same time, Teksavvy has over 300, 000 customers. They can't just start randomly rummaging through everyone's accounts. Furthermore, they can't make changes without the customer's permission. If they did, what other changes could they make without your permission? Rogers and Bell do this all the time and look where that gets them...a lot of pissed off customers.

And at the same time, people should be aware of what their package is, what they are paying, and what is available. Never hurts to check their website once in a while...
Sunfox
join:2003-12-14
Stouffville

Sunfox

said by needsomehelp:

That's true. But at the same time, Teksavvy has over 300, 000 customers. They can't just start randomly rummaging through everyone's accounts. Furthermore, they can't make changes without the customer's permission. If they did, what other changes could they make without your permission? Rogers and Bell do this all the time and look where that gets them...a lot of pissed off customers.

What examples are you talking about? Increasing prices? Decreasing caps? Adding throttling? Of course those are all bad. But I doubt you can find too many examples of even Rogers or Bell customers upset that their monthly service cost went down... or that their service improved for no added cost.

This is a technology company. I'm quite certain it would not be beyond the scope of possibility to have a program first go through their customer configuration database and send out letters/emails notifying customers of the "improvement in service" and that to decline the upgrade contact TSI (or even better, log into the online portal and decline)... and then when the time is right, make the requisite changes automatically.

And I'm certainly not suggesting changing anyone to a more expensive package. Or downgrading them to slower speeds. Or less transfers. Or automatically applying ZTC.

Do you seriously think customers would complain over being automatically upgraded from 45/4 Unlimited to 60/10 Unlimited and paying $5 less per month (which is basically what Start is doing)? Or changing from 150/10 Unlimited to 150/15 unlimited and paying $100 less per month?

Now, how many do you think will complain when they learn months from now that such an upgrade DIDN'T happen?

It's true there are few examples where an upgrade like this should actually happen: the same price or cheaper, for the same or better service. These days, that doesn't happen too much. However I believe the OP's example of 18/300 to 25/300 is a case of one that should've happened, because as far as I know the packages were the same price at the time of introduction. But with the current round of Rogers upgrades that we're dealing with, no upgrades should happen with the old 6, 25 or 35 packages, but specifically 45U and 150U should really see a change of service.
said by needsomehelp:

And at the same time, people should be aware of what their package is, what they are paying, and what is available. Never hurts to check their website once in a while...

Granted, that's sage advice for any situation... but it's also a cop-out for a company trying to be better, nicer, more honest than the big boys. People come to TSI to avoid being screwed or "conveniently not informed of something any reasonable person would want to do" - not just have the same old games played by someone with a nicer smile.

Anyways, just my 2 cents. Discounted to free!