spc
uniqs

Anonguy33
@70.167.111.x

Anonguy33 to mrancier

Anon

to mrancier

Re: Throttled at ~250kB a sec individual uploads

No offense mrancier, but you're assuming a lot about the Cox network. I see posts from all over various markets that say they they are NOT experiencing slow-downs/throttling/evidence of rate-shaping.

If your accusations were true, it would be a company-wide (all markets) policy - and if you've seen how fast internal documentation or new announcements are posted here (and elsewhere) just after they were announced, you'd know we don't keep secrets very well.

The various "CoxTech#" and "odog" folks (and those guys should be thanked more often) aren't the only ones browsing here, and we "anonymous" folks have no problem looking in backbone router configs and logs to make sure things like this aren't happening. And they aren't...we try to keep it simple.

mrancier
Premium Member
join:2013-07-27
Murfreesboro, TN

mrancier

Premium Member

said by Anonguy33 :

No offense mrancier, but you're assuming a lot about the Cox network. I see posts from all over various markets that say they they are NOT experiencing slow-downs/throttling/evidence of rate-shaping.

If your accusations were true, it would be a company-wide (all markets) policy - and if you've seen how fast internal documentation or new announcements are posted here (and elsewhere) just after they were announced, you'd know we don't keep secrets very well.

The various "CoxTech#" and "odog" folks (and those guys should be thanked more often) aren't the only ones browsing here, and we "anonymous" folks have no problem looking in backbone router configs and logs to make sure things like this aren't happening. And they aren't...we try to keep it simple.

These are true things you say. I did thank mr. Odog . I think some folks thought I was being condescending. I really do appreciate his help. And there really is no offense to be had. You make good, valid points. My observations are get a bit murky when I try to look at what scenario would cause your network to seemingly falter with fairly mundane traffic from major content providers, but using a tunnel, even one originating across the atlantic, gives me better sustained data rates, on and off fiber. There simply isn't anything : routing can be fixed way easily, peering is a matter of scaling your infrastructure to accommodate what you are selling. So what's left ? This is the problem. Many ask for evidence, but there is no evidence to be found, just the effect on the content being consumed. Believe, I've tried SO many things to figure it out. I am no Elite expert, but I can handle myself well, when it comes to networking.

Anonguy33
@72.208.122.x

Anonguy33

Anon

quote:
peering is a matter of scaling your infrastructure to accommodate what you are selling
Again, you're assuming it's Cox that doesn't have the infrastructure at the peering points...why aren't you allowing the possibility that it's the peering point that can't handle the bandwidth we're throwing at them?

mrancier
Premium Member
join:2013-07-27
Murfreesboro, TN

mrancier

Premium Member

said by Anonguy33 :

quote:
peering is a matter of scaling your infrastructure to accommodate what you are selling
Again, you're assuming it's Cox that doesn't have the infrastructure at the peering points...why aren't you allowing the possibility that it's the peering point that can't handle the bandwidth we're throwing at them?

You're right. There is a fair amount of prejudice in my views. That is why I've chosen to not continue this conversation. I can get by the blocks ( what I perceive as blocks, to be clear ). I've inadvertently turned this into a flame war of sorts. It is a waste of every-ones time and energy. And I apologize to everyone involved.