spc
uniqs

ikyuaoki
join:2011-04-12
Wichita, KS

ikyuaoki to mrancier

to mrancier

Re: Throttled at ~250kB a sec individual uploads

mrancier, I see. if that cable modem technology might be not working for you then just ask the Cox for another options that would be gets you a optical service, you could scale it up to 10Gbits bidirectional link that is very pricy that would cost you lots of money for it. if you can't afford then please stop complain about that cable modem technology... why don't you setup the custom firewall to filtering the unwanted packets out of your way?

mrancier
Premium Member
join:2013-07-27
Murfreesboro, TN

mrancier

Premium Member

said by ikyuaoki:

mrancier, I see. if that cable modem technology might be not working for you then just ask the Cox for another options that would be gets you a optical service, you could scale it up to 10Gbits bidirectional link that is very pricy that would cost you lots of money for it. if you can't afford then please stop complain about that cable modem technology... why don't you setup the custom firewall to filtering the unwanted packets out of your way?

I would if I could. I already have more equipment than I should for 2 modems. Already have a pretty handy firewall/Router at home: pfsense. Already do a lot of snorting and dropping. We also have quite a bit of fiber at our place of employment. Cox fiber. Cox fiber ring. 150 Mbps backbone, 50 Mbps links to several dozen buildings. 6 Remote locations on Cable modems. Like I said, we aren't the greatest, but we do have a significant amount of equipment. Anyways, same thing happens on the backbone uplink. No difference, inexplicable slowdown of mundane traffic.
I could stop complaining, but how would I get my moneys worth then ? Seriously, this isn't personal, it is a problem that exists, and I have not found a satisfactory explanation.