spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Su123
join:2014-06-12

Su123

combining signals in wireless network

hi,
can anyone give me an idea about how to combine two signals with different data rates and different frequencies(like one from a base station and one from an access point)?
I was thinking if their data rates can be kept the same but frequencies can converted to the same level or something.. but i have no idea how to proceed with this.. any help please?

John Galt6
Forward, March
Premium Member
join:2004-09-30
Happy Camp

John Galt6

Premium Member

What is your overall objective?
Su123

Su123

i was working on the heterogeneous wireless networks models.. trying to learn about the soft handover techniques..
LittleBill
join:2013-05-24

LittleBill

are you talking about zero hand off? otherwise i have no idea what your talking about?
JoelC707
Premium Member
join:2002-07-09
Lanett, AL

JoelC707 to Su123

Premium Member

to Su123
Are you talking about 2.4/5 GHz WiFi or some other wireless technology? If so, you just need a controller base station (makes things easier to manage) and set the APs to different channels. Data rate doesn't matter, data rate will fluctuate based on what the client can reliably negotiate. The different channels will mean they are on slightly different frequencies but that is necessary to avoid interference.
Su123

Su123

Thanks for replying..
yes, i am talking about 2.4/5 Ghz Wifi only.. How do i combine signals from both AP and a Base station, if i consider soft handover between these two.. it would help increase the coverage zone for the ap.. They have different frequencies but its not easy to combine 2 such signals once they are received at receiver end.

billaustin
they call me Mr. Bill
MVM
join:2001-10-13
North Las Vegas, NV

billaustin

MVM

You are not clear on what you are trying to accomplish.

Are you asking about two different access points that are part of the same network to provide wider coverage, or are you asking about combining signals from two access points to get better throughput on one device?

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium Member
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS

Anav to Su123

Premium Member

to Su123
It sounds like a homework question.