All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
SteveJobs
join:2012-07-18

SteveJobs

Thank you, Techs

I just want to say thank you to our local Mediacom service guys. They work so hard throughout the day, working from at LEAST 8am to 10:00PM. I hope they get paid decent for the work they do.

And I know I haven't said this enough, but thanks to Chad for all of the knowledge he provides us!
Expand your moderator at work

Anonymous88
Premium Member
join:2004-06-01
IA

Anonymous88 to SteveJobs

Premium Member

to SteveJobs

Re: Thank you, Techs

Techs don't get paid enough. Less than other cable cos actually.

thedragonmas
Premium Member
join:2007-12-28
Albany, GA
Netgear R6300 v2
ARRIS SB6180

thedragonmas to SteveJobs

Premium Member

to SteveJobs
i think out of all of the tech visits ive had i only had one bad apple, and he was in training. i dont fault him though, the one that was supposed to be training him sat out in the truck and didnt bother to walk him through any thing. hell "i" had to show him how to hook them up using HDMI.. the guy acted like he really didnt want to be here. i dunno, maybe he didnt expect to have to deal with people?

oh wait, make that 2. the initial installer cut the line going in to the master bedroom closet, guess he didnt want me using that line later. though with mediacoms stance of "its your cables, not ours, if we need to replace them, you pay for it" he shoulda kept them cable cutters far far away from "my" cable..

meh, other than that experience ive had nothing but good techs, they do what they can with what they have. its when they have to pass it on to a line tech or something else that needs "higher up approval" that you run in to issues
GLIMMER
join:2004-01-17
Fisher, IL

GLIMMER

the only bad apples I have had are contractors and in my area there are a ton of them because no one will work for the peanuts that mediacom pays. It also has to do with comcast having the big cities around here and paying more.

ltsnow
Premium Member
join:2006-04-08
Valdosta, GA

ltsnow to SteveJobs

Premium Member

to SteveJobs
This is a good thread and reminds us all that sometimes you just need to acknowledge the good work that people do. The people who work for Mediacom are constantly hearing all the bitching and griping, but not much positive.

I want to thank MediacomChad, all the folks over on the Mediacom cable forum, and all the techs in the field. They do a great job IMHO. In the 17 years I have been with Mediacom I have only had one tech who visiting my home that I would call a bad apple. Everyone else has been great.

IowaMan
Premium Member
join:2008-08-21
Grinnell, IA

IowaMan to GLIMMER

Premium Member

to GLIMMER
Yep, Agree with you there, Chillicothe comes to mind, (My Family friends have there service) and there about 10 miles from Peoria which is Comcast