spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

dlsauers

join:2005-10-25
Wellston, OH

Q: Uniden Scanner Protocol - 15x/396 etc. line

I am trying to do some programming to monitor the scanner, Uniden BCT15x, and have it connected and running.

When I monitor the output using GLG I only get ONE output from the first item the scanner stops on, then nothing.

Per the Uniden Protocol reference, it should output, GLG,,,,,, till it stops, output a GLG response with the info, and then GLG,,,,, till it stops again....

Is there something I am not sending to get the scanner to respond in this mode?

I just open the serial port, send GLG, and then when I get the first response, thats it. Nothing more. And nothing till then.

Comments???

(Note: I am not interested in a certain other "scanner" site, thanks.)

OldCableGuy3

@207.191.193.x
The way I reverse engineer these is by using VMWare and sniffing the COM port protocol. There may be a keep alive that needs to be sent from the PC or something, and you'll only determine that by watching a client poll this data. I am usually reversing Chinese junk radios, so I would imagine the Uniden protocol would be well defined.

alphapointe
Don't Touch Me
Premium,MVM
join:2002-02-10
Columbia, MO
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Socket Internet ..

1 recommendation

reply to dlsauers
You mean the mangled, derailed train wreck that used to be radioreference?

I think I have the Uniden IDD with the protocol info on my work PC. I'll check when I get in tonight.
--
"When the hammer drops, the bullshit stops"

alphapointe
Don't Touch Me
Premium,MVM
join:2002-02-10
Columbia, MO
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Socket Internet ..
Click for full size
downloadUnidenProtocol.pdf 169,810 bytes
I have this document... it's a reverse-engineered documentation of the USCP, but (at least with my 780XLT) it's accurate.
--
"When the hammer drops, the bullshit stops"

dlsauers

join:2005-10-25
Wellston, OH
said by alphapointe:
I have this document... it's a reverse-engineered documentation of the USCP, but (at least with my 780XLT) it's accurate.
Thanks, unfortunately I have that, which just FYI, doesn't apply to the 15x/996/396 units and the other document from the 396 "Complete Reference" for the 15x/396/996 line, but the radio is not responding in the manner described.

My 2052 which uses the protocol you reference works fine, and responds out data as I expect and can pass to my script from the TTY port.

Thanks...

Any other ideas???

Thanks.